ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Horizon 4

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Loving it so far (when I've had time to play it)

A LOT better than 3.

It's the best looking 4K game I've played so far. Silky smooth at 60fps too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nabbed the demo on PC and tried it out. It's my first experience of Horizon world, though I have dabbled on standard Forza previously on the 'ol 360.

So far - it certainly looks pretty. Everything set to Ultra and being totally smooth. I'm not quite a fan of the OTT Namco'esque feeling that you're playing a late 90s arcade game where overwhelming the player with the amount of visuals in front of you seems the 'norm'. Herds of sheep crossing the road, crowds aplenty, motorbikes belching coloured fumes, low-flying jets - the works. Maybe this is core to any Horizon game, I don't know - but it feels more like a stretched out Ken Block gymkhana than an actual racing game. I have to admit though, the rolling traffic is great - especially pondering Range Rovers - AND the traffic being setup for our side of the road.

I mentioned previously about the points - and I really wish I could turn those off (maybe I can?) in the upper half of the screen. Points for driving straight. Points for tail-gating. Points for overtaking. Points for drifting. Points for trading paint. Points multiplying for doing any of the previous for longer than a second. I just want to crack on with the driving task at hand and ignore all the peripheral trinkets. Did I finish first? Great. Did I do that scoring 1,500 points or 1,500,000,000 points? I really couldn't give a s**t.

I'm not sure if the demo is made to do this and that the full game itself is more complex - but its very easy to begin with too. The three races I've gone into so far, I've won outright - having never driven them before and making some major mistakes into tress, walls, etc. I've only used one Rewind so far - purely for my own benefit of getting a sweeping line right.

That said, it's a good game and one that I'd probably get when it drops in price. But it's too arcadey for me to put a proper wedge of time into - though I can imagine hot-seating or online with mates would be a lot more fun.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ The over the top'ness is only really in exhibition races, like the dirt bikes and coloured smoke - it's not constantly like that.

Trust me turn the difficulty up and you'll be surprised.

I wouldn't say it's arcadey at all either! Yes you collect points for, well, everything but that is the way through the game, it's not a sim but then again it's no sega rally either! You really won't notice the points after a while, probably because I've played them all they're not even on my radar now so to speak.

I don't think the demo did it any service to be honest!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ The over the top'ness is only really in exhibition races, like the dirt bikes and coloured smoke - it's not constantly like that.

Trust me turn the difficulty up and you'll be surprised.

I wouldn't say it's arcadey at all either! Yes you collect points for, well, everything but that is the way through the game, it's not a sim but then again it's no sega rally either! You really won't notice the points after a while, probably because I've played them all they're not even on my radar now so to speak.

I don't think the demo did it any service to be honest!
I was wondering that with the demo - as to whether or not they simplified it to appeal to more people? If they had something similar to a slightly watered-down Project Cars 2, would it prove as popular?

I take it there's manual gearchanges if you increase the difficulty too? They weren't even mentioned in the control settings of the demo - auto straight away.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I was wondering that with the demo - as to whether or not they simplified it to appeal to more people? If they had something similar to a slightly watered-down Project Cars 2, would it prove as popular?

I take it there's manual gearchanges if you increase the difficulty too? They weren't even mentioned in the control settings of the demo - auto straight away.
You can do manual gearchanges with the AI set to whatever level you want

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I'm really enjoying it. Alot better than horizon 3. Just bought a nice GT3 RS
20181005_175917.jpg
20181005_175926.jpg

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Nabbed the demo on PC and tried it out. It's my first experience of Horizon world, though I have dabbled on standard Forza previously on the 'ol 360.

So far - it certainly looks pretty. Everything set to Ultra and being totally smooth. I'm not quite a fan of the OTT Namco'esque feeling that you're playing a late 90s arcade game where overwhelming the player with the amount of visuals in front of you seems the 'norm'. Herds of sheep crossing the road, crowds aplenty, motorbikes belching coloured fumes, low-flying jets - the works. Maybe this is core to any Horizon game, I don't know - but it feels more like a stretched out Ken Block gymkhana than an actual racing game. I have to admit though, the rolling traffic is great - especially pondering Range Rovers - AND the traffic being setup for our side of the road.

I mentioned previously about the points - and I really wish I could turn those off (maybe I can?) in the upper half of the screen. Points for driving straight. Points for tail-gating. Points for overtaking. Points for drifting. Points for trading paint. Points multiplying for doing any of the previous for longer than a second. I just want to crack on with the driving task at hand and ignore all the peripheral trinkets. Did I finish first? Great. Did I do that scoring 1,500 points or 1,500,000,000 points? I really couldn't give a s**t.

I'm not sure if the demo is made to do this and that the full game itself is more complex - but its very easy to begin with too. The three races I've gone into so far, I've won outright - having never driven them before and making some major mistakes into tress, walls, etc. I've only used one Rewind so far - purely for my own benefit of getting a sweeping line right.

That said, it's a good game and one that I'd probably get when it drops in price. But it's too arcadey for me to put a proper wedge of time into - though I can imagine hot-seating or online with mates would be a lot more fun.

Can turn the skills off under HUD settings

Clio 182 Trophy
Got this for free for two weeks with the gamepass on xbox. If anyone else is on xbox im bbqboy93.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Can anyone help? What triggers the barn finds? I've played for about 10+ hours, completing races, leveling up driver wise, working my way through the games, 99% of the signs smashed, all roads found. STILL not triggered the barn finds, any ideas?

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I think they just come as you progress? I know you can buy the map for £2 in the store. Alternatively, you can look up the locations online and if you arrive at the correct barn/shed you get the car (from what I've read online, haven't bothered myself)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Can anyone help? What triggers the barn finds? I've played for about 10+ hours, completing races, leveling up driver wise, working my way through the games, 99% of the signs smashed, all roads found. STILL not triggered the barn finds, any ideas?
you need to be doing more races I think. Have you done any showcase events ?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Game/season progression. Just keep at it and they'll pop up

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
you need to be doing more races I think. Have you done any showcase events ?
5 showcase events so far. Loads of speed traps, drifting, the blogger woman thing. Will just keep at it

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I did a bit of searching and a few others have had this happen. Have a read of this: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst128761p3_Barn-Finds-in-FH4.aspx?=

"
I seem to have the barn find issue as well. Haven't had a single one and I'm very far into the game. What the heck? I got so much influence during the early seasons I skipped the first two seasons. Could be the issue?

Edit: So I went back to the festival area and did the "Horizon Festival Circuit" and instantly got a rumor afterwards. Could be one of the threshold races you need to complete before they pop up. "

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I did a bit of searching and a few others have had this happen. Have a read of this: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst128761p3_Barn-Finds-in-FH4.aspx?=

"
I seem to have the barn find issue as well. Haven't had a single one and I'm very far into the game. What the heck? I got so much influence during the early seasons I skipped the first two seasons. Could be the issue?

Edit: So I went back to the festival area and did the "Horizon Festival Circuit" and instantly got a rumor afterwards. Could be one of the threshold races you need to complete before they pop up. "
Cool, thanks, will try this tonight. Completed all Showcase events just in case. Never worked, pretty sure that i completed the "Horizon Festival Circuit", will check tonight. I got all the seasons when I first played the game and got the achievement "Welcome to Britain", can't see what else would be missing as I've progressed pretty far through the game! Thanks for the help though, gents.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I challenge someone to buy a Caterham R500, Put the 2.6 TT Rotary engine in it, tune it to 1000bhp and try and drive it without traction control. You literally can't touch the throttle in any gear without it spinning out.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I challenge someone to buy a Caterham R500, Put the 2.6 TT Rotary engine in it, tune it to 1000bhp and try and drive it without traction control. You literally can't touch the throttle in any gear without it spinning out.
[emoji23]

It's bad enough if you tweak the standard engine!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
It's quite funny, albeit useless. I still think the Lotus Elise GT1 is one of the best cars to drive about.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Driving a twin-turbo, 1200bhp Lotus 3-11 at the minute. Even with that I can't hit the 265mph speed trap on the motorway. Think I need to save for one of the Koenigseggs.
Use the TVR Cerberra Speed 12 barn find - upgrade it and it will be the fastest car in the game - really good for drag races too.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Put a fair bit of time into this, first Horizon game I've bought since the first and quite enjoying it. Few glitches and bugs that are annoying but a good game on the whole.

How do you get the photos from the game to upload on here, been a long time since I bothered