ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fortnite

535d / t5 caravelle
Our 2 boys are mad for it, as is the rest of the world by the looks of it.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Anyone tried Ring of Elysium on PC? It's Free to play on steam and is infinitely better than fortnite imo. It's just another battle royale game only you spawn with a paraglider, snowboard or climbing gear. The only let down is the ending, it's just a race to get to the evac helo and it sort of takes the tension of the final fight out of it.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Was going to give that a go but £20! I tried H1Z1 but that was horrific.

It’s quite good for casual gamers. There is no “levelling up” as such and you can just play a match and put it back down.

20 whole pounds?!

It’s well worth it, great fun.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I play this regularly on PS4. 14 kills on duos is my record and still haven’t really come close in ages.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is this the one where you only get one life, so when you die you have to sit around waiting for other people to finish playing?

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
The amount of £20's I've spent on games I've played for literally 5 minutes and not got in to is unreal!

One of the best £20's I've spent.

I have twitch prime and you get 'loot crates' with it. The items from the crates made me about £55, I've still got a few items worth £5-10 in my inventory and haven't spent a penny opening them. Plus I've 800 hours in the game so it owes me nothing!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
h9412D724.png

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
That’s the concept of every battle royale game.
iPhooni
One of the best £20's I've spent.

I have twitch prime and you get 'loot crates' with it. The items from the crates made me about £55, I've still got a few items worth £5-10 in my inventory and haven't spent a penny opening them. Plus I've 800 hours in the game so it owes me nothing!
I may buy it. If it’s rubbish then I’m blaming you!

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
If I'm being honest, I think the game was better at the start. Either that or I've just gotten sick of it.

We used to win every other game, now we are ranked pretty high and the skill level is quite difficult. Constantly in the top 5 most games but getting that win is a struggle.

Same with CS:GO tbh. I prefer it when I was at the lower MG2 rank, when I hit LEM (4 ranks higher) the game became too serious and lost its charm.

Give RoE a shot if you're on PC. It's fun and free.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
If I'm being honest, I think the game was better at the start. Either that or I've just gotten sick of it.

We used to win every other game, now we are ranked pretty high and the skill level is quite difficult. Constantly in the top 5 most games but getting that win is a struggle.

Same with CS:GO tbh. I prefer it when I was at the lower MG2 rank, when I hit LEM (4 ranks higher) the game became too serious and lost its charm.

Is PUBG matching people up via rank then? If so, that’s boring. Nothing beats have a laugh and winding up an evident “default”

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Is PUBG matching people up via rank then? If so, that’s boring. Nothing beats have a laugh and winding up an evident “default”

What do you mean? You click ‘start game’, either on your own, or duo or squad, and get put into a game of 100 people. It’s exactly the same as fortnite, just not b****cks, you cant magically make a wall appear in front of you, and you cant jump 100ft in the air etc

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
What do you mean? You click ‘start game’, either on your own, or duo or squad, and get put into a game of 100 people. It’s exactly the same as fortnite, just not b****cks, you cant magically make a wall appear in front of you, and you cant jump 100ft in the air etc
I mean, while you’re in the queue to join the server, does it only match you with your skill levels? KD% etc.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
I'm all over the Fortnite scene. Tried PUBg and its not for me - too slow paced and boring, Fortnite is fast paced and something different to your usual usual. my Epic Games account is Perspectiivee if you wana jam :)

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I mean, while you’re in the queue to join the server, does it only match you with your skill levels? KD% etc.

It tries too from what I gather from the subreddit. I’m playing it here at the moment with a mate, still good craic! You really need a team mate though, I’ve played 2 solo games out of 1800 lol

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Free download onto the ps4 for the kids and they are mad for it. Ive had a couple of but get frustrated with it. Prefer car games myself.

DCi
I didn't really enjoy fortnite - got PUBG on PS4, quite like that - don't know anyone who plays it so you meet some right randoms if you play squads. Some crazy Russian dude signing last night was quite funny :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I think that's the bane of most online, PvP games. It's very difficult to get that balance for those who like to bob in every now and then for an hour at weekend, to those who are semi-serious and like to play the game well - ultimately going up to the clan level/competition. Getting the game to cater for all these eventualities can be nigh-on impossible and as a result, I much prefer co-op online, especially where you're PvE.

Spending multiple hours, day-in/day out in order to increase my accuracy by 1% in a competitive game, removes the majority of the fun to a point where fiddling with a spreadsheet might become more enjoyable. Worse - playing a game that you previously liked to an extent that it becomes a chore.

Clio Cup 172
Broad statement to make but Fornite is a child's version of PUBG.
PUBG isn't the original Battle Royale style game but to me it's pretty decent.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Christ, it's aids! But, it's fun murdering little chavs after 15+ years of Counter Strike Source. 5 Battle Royals - 5 wins. It's actually comically simple.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Fortnite at its peak was such a good game. I played it for 18 hours one day.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Bump for this thread as I have been seeing a bit about this creative 2.0 and it actually looks insane and game changing. Never really got Fortnite mainly because I'm not really a fan of 3rd person but I believe 1st person is on the way too. Definitely interesting to see how something like this pans out and it could force other games like COD to stop f**king around.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I still keep up with some Fortnite news. Watched ninja’s video on the creative 2.0 it looks unreal. I still love the movement and the no build mode is helpful for new players. I was actually playing some duos on no build mode a few months back it’s still fun to play

8B4983B9-C4DB-4B59-8FF8-6772F54B53DF.jpeg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I helped my lad get his first win on this waaaay back in the day. Never played it again after that 🤣

No build mode though does look like the best fit.