ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foreign iphone question

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Currently in Vietnam. Took my iphone in a waterproof case into the sea, which wasnt waterproof. Now sometimes the touch works, and sometimes it does it's own thing, opening apps, tapping in a complete different place to where I tapped etc, and sometimes works fine.

I'm going to take it to a local person, who will hopefully fix it, apparently it's the digitizer or where the solder has rusted on wite connections. If he cant fix it.. and I buy a refurbished iphone.. will it work back home in England? Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 6s was from Germany, bought it tax free, wouldn’t have know any different to a UK one apart from the USB plug.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
You just need to check the GSM banding I think, but it should work. And network locks obviously.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You just need to check the GSM banding I think, but it should work. And network locks obviously.
This. Certain carriers over here won't be supported, especially for 4g.

I was looking at a Chinese branded phone recently and the only network that worked with 4g here was O2 (plus it's others like Tesco).