ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting OMP Steering wheel to a 172 cup

I was thinking it would just be straightforward but having done a search it seems I have a few things to think about, airbags, horns, steering wheel angle sensors etc?

Anybody shed some light to make sure I’m not getting mixed up and don’t buy the wrong bits :)

Resistors or renault clip for dash lights, horn use ph1 indicator stalk. And if you take the standard wheel off and put the boss on without moving anything else unnecessarily then the angle sensor wont change.

It gets thrown out because the wires that go into the wheel for horn, cc and airbag move out of their original postion. Then people say the omp boss throws the lights up on the dash because theyve put it on wrong.
Ph1 horn is nice to have but if your wheel has push horn then use that

Kangoo, XJ, Jeep GC
I'll be having this headache the weekend. To be honest, the Sparco wheel I bought from eBay was that much of a bargain, (£14 delivered), that I didn't give a thought to airbag, horn, or warning light issues, I just bought without thinking. DOH !

Resistors cost a few p, which extinguish the lights. And horn is shout out the window for a bit until you wire up on wheel