ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got one

RS 200 CUP
Yesterday I went for a lovely 4 hour drive to look at a 172 which I bought and drove back; what a car!
I still have to drive my 1.2 clio until october to get my first years no claims because insuring it before that would cost me far too much.
I bought it from a member on here who loved it but couldn't keep the 172 and his 197 so it had to go. There's some cosmetic damage that I'll be sorting out during my waiting period and I'll hopefully get the coilovers refurbed and back on in that time too. The drive back in it was amazing though and despite the exhaust being crazy loud I really like the sound of it and after only driving my little 1.2 the speed and responsiveness of the 172 was incredible. I managed to find short term insurance to drive it back for £15 and for the smile it put on my face it was worth every penny.
Looking forward to giving the car a little bit of TLC and hopefully start attending some of the meets and events in it when I've got it on the road.

One of the pics from before I purchased, will be getting a project thread up when I start tinkering. Just wanted to share my joy :smiley:
IMG_3668.PNG

EDIT: I've also changed my username, was MyCliosNameIsPhil

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking good, liking the wheels :smile:

And is that a cup splitter, they are expensive but do look good

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Phil ?

Phil Connors ??

How did you get temp cover for £15 when you can't insure it until Sept :anguished:

Why did you buy it now out of interest... Bargain of the century ?

Enjoy :up: oh and keep it shiny side up !

RS 200 CUP
Phil ?

Phil Connors ??

How did you get temp cover for £15 when you can't insure it until Sept :anguished:

Why did you buy it now out of interest... Bargain of the century ?

Enjoy :up: oh and keep it shiny side up !
I got it now because it was cheap due to a little bit of cosmetic damage which I have more than enough time to sort while I'm not using it. The cover was through an app and it was £15 for 6 hours, more than enough to get it home :)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely and clean! Get rid of those wind deflectors though, or replace with Heko ones.

I know what you mean about that first drive back after owning a 1.2, was in the same situation when I bought my 182, night and day difference!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
For now I'm guessing the refurb will be cheaper than replacing but if they are unreliable then I may look to changing them in the future
Yeah 100%. They were good with me, to be fair to them. They didn't even charge for the second time.