ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally bought a Clio 182 after signing up here in 2010....

Probably the longest lurking ever?

Hi All, bought a Clio 182 from a friend as a very light use 'back to basics' second vehicle.

Its a 2004 54 with 98,000 miles. Mechanically its in great condition with loads (and I mean loads) of history. Two of the former keepers seemed to be obsessed with KTEC and sorting the interior respectively - its got KTEC Coilovers, Solid top mounts, Intake, Exhaust, Engine Mounts, RSTuner (etc) all fitted by them in 2017 - and then the interior is in good condition with history suggesting most of the interior was replaced with new parts in 2018

The paintwork needs a bit of attention - some tiny bubbling on the bonnet lip and then a handful of paintwork 'trolley dings' that will definitely come out with PDR. Thats my initial focus.

Very happy with the car, I'll throw some pictures up shortly.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Welcome, and congratulations on quite possibly being the longest lurker ever!

Get those pics up 👍🏻

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7.jpeg

172 Cup
That looks lovely, enjoy!

I was very similar with my Impreza. Joined Scoobynet in 2001 and took until 2009 before I got one! Oh the flip side, I had a Clio within a handful of months of joining here I think.

I remember first taking out a Clio 182 in 2004 and was very close to buying - it was between that and a Mini Cooper S.

Neither happened, and I ended up with an S2000.... Obviously !

I thought in honesty the chance of buying a decent 182 for sensible money had gone, but a friend had this one and when I said I was looking at an R53 Cooper S for a bit of fun he offered me this. Ideal situation !

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I remember first taking out a Clio 182 in 2004 and was very close to buying - it was between that and a Mini Cooper S.

Neither happened, and I ended up with an S2000.... Obviously !

I thought in honesty the chance of buying a decent 182 for sensible money had gone, but a friend had this one and when I said I was looking at an R53 Cooper S for a bit of fun he offered me this. Ideal situation !
You're me, but in a kind of reverse - lol.

Ordered my 182 in 2004 having never even sat in one. My wife at the time had a Mini Cooper S, but I had a proper longing (still do!) for an S2000...

I think between the Honda and the Renault - they aren't a comparison due to being such completely different cars. But compared to an R53 MCS - I think they are superior - the Mini feeling 'heavy' a bit dull and with a leaking balloon/waste-disposal supercharger whine.

Haha.

I had my S2000 for about 4 years - Absolutely loved it

I'd recommend you get one, but I think much like the clio it is hard to get good ones - especially at sensible prices.