ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST MK8

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Just been looking at reviews on the new fiesta ST MK8 and will look to book a test drive as the contract on my Fiesta ST MK7.5 is up in May so may look to get the new one .

Don't think I will go as mad as I have with the MK7.5 ( my one is running 306 BHP and 320 LB/FT ) but reading about the 1.5 3 cylinder Dragon engine the tuners are saying it is even stronger than the old unit and a stage 1 remap is getting around 250 BHP and 270 LB/FT so not bad for a 3 banger .

46375386_10161143639380118_1082269945422675968_o.jpg

Any one got any thoughts on them so far as the inside is a fair step up on the old one and so it the tech like active exhaust , driver modes , active LED lights etc .

Regards

What do they make as standard? Funnily enough I had a play with one last night albeit not for long.

I thought you owned yours?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I've not been able to drive one yet, but have sat in one. Interior is massively better than the old car. I think they look better outside too, as they look a bit wider, whereas the old one looked a bit tall. I think it's a bit of a shame they've added drive modes and the like though. Part of the appeal of the old one was that it was relatively simple.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
What do they make as standard? Funnily enough I had a play with one last night albeit not for long.

I thought you owned yours?
This.

Brave modding one to 300bhp still on contract ?

No not mine yet I like to live on the edge :)

Final payment is in May so if I go for this option I will still keep the MK7.5 until the new one is ready then sell .

Fiesta ST Stage 3
From what im reading it is just a bit more refined but still has the things that made the old one so good .

I've not been able to drive one yet, but have sat in one. Interior is massively better than the old car. I think they look better outside too, as they look a bit wider, whereas the old one looked a bit tall. I think it's a bit of a shame they've added drive modes and the like though. Part of the appeal of the old one was that it was relatively simple.

I know, I know? I liked it, apart from when the bloke started thinking it was impressive to give it exhaust noise.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Do the mk7.5 ST have the same engine problems as the 1.0 ecoboost and the RS Focus?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
No there was a recall on the 2014 ST ones for the coolant bottle but the MK7.5 did not have this problem and got the ST200 suspension .

Do the mk7.5 ST have the same engine problems as the 1.0 ecoboost and the RS Focus?

Milano Premier CTR
I had a st3 courtesy car while my MK7.5 mp215 was in for a service.

Pretty sure it had the lsd fitted as it had loads of grip pulling out of the corners.Interior is a big step up and general build quality of the car is impressive for a ford. Also it was a bit bigger.

More torque at lower revs than mine. But the power was lower down and I was happy to go back to mine, more playful and a niceer power band imo.

Definitely a more grown up car, plus a nicer cabin but the car was £22k!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
No, there was a recall for some kind of sensor but other than that the engine is fine. The RS would've been too if someone hadn't decided to cut corners and use inappropriate Mustang head gaskets on some of the engines. The Ecoboost was worse but even still with the amount of cars sold with that engine failures are a drop in the ocean.

You can bet they learned their lesson and the newer engines should be okay. Sync3 is what they're having a problem with right now.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just saw a primer grey five door one with a smug faced dude who looked about 12 driving, he saw me look so gave it some pops n bangs with the exhaust.
Nah, I'm good thanks!!!

To be fair they definitely sound better as standard than the older car! I just don't think they look as good... and most annoyingly, don't come in any decent colours, which is particularly strange for Ford. The ST Line actually has much nicer choices!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Silver Fox looks pretty good in person, it's like a metallic version of Storm grey from the ST200.

Westfield, 182, 200
My lad has one, he had a 17 plate mk7? before.

It drives a whole lot better, it feels like it has more low down torque and pulls from lower revs than the old ST.
Build looks a bit cheaper, but the Infotainment is better and the ride feels more like a bigger car.

He has silver fox, I thought it was solid, but it's pearlescent.

Personally, I think it looks like a standard Fiesta from a distance, but that's probably a good thing.
Anybody heard of any thefts of the new shape Fiesta yet?

Westfield, 182, 200
Lol, I had one of the few 5 door Fiesta St's they sold in the UK!

Didn't look as good as the 3 door, but was more practical (kids).

Didn't stop some thieving scumbag trying (unsuccessfully) to nick it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'll probably go for Performance Blue.

I walk past one every day... such a bland, dull colour. Might look okay in pictures but in the flesh it's horrible.

Just looked up Silver Fox and yeah it looks okay. The blue and orange from the last one are so nice though.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I’ve had 4 1.0 ecoboost fiestas now and gave everyone of them death when driven and engines have been sound.
Only issue I had was with my first one with a heat shield coming loose over back box

The new Mk8 is a great platform and big step up from the MK7
I love mine granted it’s an ST Line but it is great fun to drive

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I walk past one every day... such a bland, dull colour. Might look okay in pictures but in the flesh it's horrible.

Just looked up Silver Fox and yeah it looks okay. The blue and orange from the last one are so nice though.
I don't mind it but it's not as nice as Spirit Blue. It's either that (because I haven't had a blue car yet and say I'll get one next every time) or Silver Fox. I'll probably have every intention to get PB but end up with SF. ?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Great little car I think and has aged well and moved with the times getting facelifts along the way.
Ford have done really well with this car. I'd happily pick up a 2 yr old version of the new one in time.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
New focus looks great too I reckon can wait to see what ST and RS ones will be like.