ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIA Ebay cages - minor warning.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I noted a 3 new cages on ebay from one seller today, all claiming FIA spec - however its worth noting for anyone interested, the parts of the cage that are 40mm (diagonals and stays) , should now be 45/50mm - the 40mm is for cages approved before 1995.

Edit: they meet FIA requirements, not MSA requirements, so no good for competing in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I noted a 3 new cages on ebay from one seller today, all claiming FIA spec - however its worth noting for anyone interested, the parts of the cage that are 40mm (diagonals and stays) , should now be 45/50mm - the 40mm is for cages approved before 1995.

I saw this and thought the same, play on words I feel to sucker people in. Old adage to go by ...."buy cheap, buy twice"....

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Probably worth reading the regs before posting something like this.

The cages meet FIA spec just fine if you check them with annex J. They don't meet MSA spec, but then they never claimed to...

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Fair point, but wont help anyone in the UK racing under MSA regs.
Oh yeah definitely. Almost seems pointless to sell a cage like that when for so little extra outlay they could be manufacturing them to be fully MSA compliant and probably get more sales!

However, still appears to be made to a good spec if you want something safe on a budget without any plans to go racing.