ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO People Running ..............

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
People who are running 4 Pot Brembos with the 300mm discs what discs are you running ?

I know you can get standard Renault Scenic 300mm discs / Brembo's but looking for something a little better along the lines of G hooks or something.

Clearly cant run anything from a MK3 197 / 200 as they are 5 stud discs / wheels and the Clio 1*2 is only 4 Stud discs / wheels.

I have seen these but once again they are not 300mm and only standard discs.
front-g-hook-discs-clio-sport-172182.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I’m not really looking to spend £400 on a pair of front discs for a car that does less than 100miles a year.

I have already contacted Godspeed so will wait for there reply.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
You'll need new caliper brackets for those discs as the offset is different. Not exactly a good value solution imo.

I saw them the while ago thought they’d might be of use not the cheapest no, but I also didn’t realise you’d need new brackets in all fairness!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I saw them the while ago thought they’d might be of use not the cheapest no, but I also didn’t realise you’d need new brackets in all fairness!
Not exactly crystal clear, maybe that they are saying other brackets aren't the same offset as theirs? From pms listing for the discs:
Screenshot_20190723_155702_com.android.chrome.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I called Godspeed today and spoke to them direct, The only thing they knew about the 300mm upgrade was the fact the Pure approached them for a Bell and Rotor disc for it other than that they knew nothing about the standard 300mm discs.

I explained my case and the confirmed they can do standard 300mm discs (4 Stud) to fit the Brembo upgrade at a fraction of the cost compared to the £400 price tag of the the Bells & Rotors.

It honestly would not surprise me if GodSpeed start to sell G hook 300mm discs for the brembo upgrade.