ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R Clio 182 Injector Seals

Clio
Hi

I have had the injector rail off and the O rings for the injectors are past their best and the fuel line connector to injector rail O-rings have split.

Where can I get a set of injector and fuel rail O rings from? Do they need to be resistant to petrol exposure?

Thanks!

Clio
Hi

I have ordered a set of those injector O rings in the link above, and the Ktec connector for their O rings. I will let you know how I get on.

Clio
The fuel rail is reassembled and back on with new O rings and the new injector. Problem is I need to replace the fuel line connector to the injector rail as the original one does not clip that well and the o rings have perished. I have a new one from Ktec but cannot work out how to remove this connector from the pipe. I have tried using the heat gun presuming it was a fitting like on diesel pipes, but it seems this does not work and has bubbled part of the surface of this pipe.

How do you remove the connector from the pipe?

Does this pipe have an internal core to it as well or will have I damaged the pipe using the heat gun?

Thanks.

Clio
Having read on here that heating the pipe up meant that you can replace just the connector, I can confirm this does not work. I have resorted to cutting the old connector off in the hope that there should be enough pipe left, but then found that even with heating the pipe it would not soften sufficiently to allow the new connector to fit.

If you require a replacement connector then only the complete pipe is the solution. I can only presume Ktec sell the connectors for those making their own pipes up from scratch.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Having read on here that heating the pipe up meant that you can replace just the connector, I can confirm this does not work. I have resorted to cutting the old connector off in the hope that there should be enough pipe left, but then found that even with heating the pipe it would not soften sufficiently to allow the new connector to fit.

If you require a replacement connector then only the complete pipe is the solution. I can only presume Ktec sell the connectors for those making their own pipes up from scratch.
Ive always waited to read of someone actually trying this. I gave up after seeing how tight and heat shrunk the connector is on that pipe. Now I know it isnt possible. hats off to you for trying.

Clio
Hi guys

In attempting to soften it enough to fit, I managed to melt the end of the pipe. In cutting the melted part off the pipe is now too short to use.

I tried fitting it without heating the pipe up but there was no way it going to fit in the pipe. Is this a symptom of the pipe ageing and having degraded / hardened?

Clio
Hi Bloke

Thanks for the video link. Having watched that, there was no chance of me getting that connector on with the hose still attached to the car. At least I know for future reference whenever I come across those hoses.

PS. In case anyone needs the part no. for the hose it is 8200268626

Thanks,

Clio
Thanks that's great. Will tackle when the pipe arrives.

Do I need to take the engine mount off for access to the retaining clips?

Clio
Hi Bloke

What type of connector is on it? Is it easy access from underneath once the front of the car is on axle stands? Is it easy to unclip or fiddly like the injector rail connector?

Thanks,