ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extremely hot engine bay?

Clio 182 FF
Recently replaced PAS Pump and High pressure pipe after it blew on me whilst driving ?? and ever since then, the engine bay as a whole is Extremely hot and I mean not just engine, pretty much everything in the engine bay is too hot to touch for at least half an hour after turning off the ignition.

Could this be an issue with the water pump after having the aux belt off and back on?
Thermostat issue?
Hole in exhaust manifold?

There's no clear signs of why its overheating which is making it difficult, the engine gets up to temp fine and the needle stays in the middle, oil level is spot on, coolant level is spot on although I removed the coolant cap after 10 mins of the ignition being off and steam came out?

Any suggestions would help massively!
Cheers guys,
Louis

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What makes you think it's not normal? Temp gauge is sitting where it should be?

Ambient air temperature is going to be pretty high aswell now so it'll take longer to cool, and probably feel hotter than it is

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Somewhat on topic; Is the intake pipe attached to the air filter (fatty in my case) supposed to get too hot to touch after a 40 minute drive?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
It will all be due to high ambient temps. Its been the hottest spell we have had in years. Intake temp was something daft like 60deg on idle on the rs monitor in the megane the other day and thats with ac on

Clio 182 FF
What makes me question it is that its the same even in the evenings at 15°c and seems to be blowing up from behind the engine, exhaust manifold area?

Land Rover
So long as the temperature gauge reads normally it’s fine.
In this weather you can see the heat rising from the bonnet of my 182....and even the gear lever on my Defender 110 gets hot.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So long as the temperature gauge reads normally it’s fine.
In this weather you can see the heat rising from the bonnet of my 182....and even the gear lever on my Defender 110 gets hot.
Mine is the same. Hot gear knob, warm transmission tunnel, and the footwells make you feet sweat lol