ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas conversion issues

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Hi

Recently fitted an epas column, eBay controller and quick rack.
Everything is wired up to how the instructions state.
When I turned the car on the epas worked but the resistance adjuster there was either no assistance or full assistance.
Seeing as I’ve never drive a Clio with this conversation I thought it was normal.
Did I few road miles. All seemed fine until I took the rally car on track.

When under braking I get no epas at all. Then in certain tight corners epas would come and go. Had a very big moment going through a chicane flat out and epas decided not to work mid way through.
The car also suffered with a misfire, like the epas was drawing power meaning the injectors weren’t working.

I’ve read a post before with a similar issue under braking and was wondering if any one knows what it was before I take everything off and test it all

Didn't have it under braking but mine used to go really heavy going through shell at Oulton and then back to normal on exit. Also in tight right handers the car would accelerate on its own.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Didn't have it under braking but mine used to go really heavy going through shell at Oulton and then back to normal on exit. Also in tight right handers the car would accelerate on its own.

Cars still on the trailer but tried a different ecu and it seems ok. But if I set the adjuster to no assistance i have to move the wheel left and right a few times for the assistance to stop.
I’ll get it off the trailer later and take it up the road.
Hopefully it’s sorted it.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
When I first fitted mine years ago I had an issue where the steering was very notchy and had no adjustment , turned out to be the motor on its way out .
For the assistance to work properly the car needs to be on the ground and ideally moving as it needs to feel resistance to work properly.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I went out in it last night with the new ecu. It worked perfectly, I’ll get a spare motor just incase. But I blew the relay that controls the dash lights and rear sidelights some how

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
So, what is needed to fit the Epas? I've just bought the column and ecu today. I'm planning on using my steering rack with the high pressure holes blanked off and the link pipe in place. But... is there a guide anywhere on how to do it? I imagine the motor requires a large amount of electric to power it?