ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine problem

Clio 3 2010 1,2
My Clio 1,2 D4F from 2010 had a cam belt that snapped. The valves/pistons are OK with compression of 13,5 to 14,0 bars after the repair. I replaced the belt and I am confident that I got the timing right. I got all the markings right at least. Now the engine doesnt run as it is supposed to. It starts fine and the sound of the engine is great at low idle. If I push the throttle like 1 mm the engine revs up fine, but if I push the throttle like 2 mm or more the engine just dies. By being carefull I can get the car up and running to about 100kmh but it is VERY weak (I can´t push the throttle more than one mm). I have NO alarm sysmbols on the dash - it all looks normal. I have rechecked the cam belt position. I have replaced the throttle house, ignition coil, spark plugs, cleaned the crank sensor. There are no leakages in the vaccum system.
Am I missing something, is the engine in Limp Home Mode even if there are no alarm symbols on the dash?
Please help me with advice.

182 clio
Are they fly by wire throttles on them?
That's if you've checked everything even all the sensors are fully seated on intake.

Clio 3 2010 1,2
It has elctrical throttle. I have visually inspected the sensors without success.
My own idea is that it is sometghing with the software. I have no engine lamp or any other indicator on the dash that gives any indication of any fault.
The problem is absolutly consistent. When running the engine it sounds like everything is OK in low idle and when I throttle up it doesn´t give information to the injectors to open. The reason is why... That is why I suspect the ECU, but have no tools or knowledge to work with this.

182 clio
I'd be checking the pedal with a known used one first before thinking of replacing ecu or uch.
I'm sure there is a hard reset by removing or disconnecting battery try that first. Can't remember where I read this or if it's even true but surely worth a shot.
As previously mentioned you should get it plugged into clip that should find where to go.
I'm sure some fellow CS member may live close and have clip interface to plug in for a small fee.
Failing that any reputable garage will have a system that should help.