ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric's not functioning and engine not igniting. Immobiliser issue?

Hey, Clio newbie here.

I only purchased this Clio last week and it's already broken down on me. 2 days ago, I put my key into the ignition, the dashboard lights briefly came on but the engine wouldn't turn over and then everything went down. After a while there was a clicking noise and the immobiliser light started flashing on.

After two days there's now a persistent clicking noise when you open the door and flashing of the immobiliser light when you open the door. There are also failures in the system when you try turning the lights on. Also the central locking seems to come and go, both keys have been tried.

We tried charging the battery but the meter with a fully charged reading after. Could it be the wiring from the battery or the immobiliser? Here's a video of the issue.

Cheers.

Would you like a 2nd try at that?

After you have attempted to charge the battery, will it power the headlights?

Sorry I meant to say *we tried charging the battery but the charger gave a fully charged reader after about 10 minutes. It did power the headlights after the brief charge.

PH2 172
Sorry I meant to say *we tried charging the battery but the charger gave a fully charged reader after about 10 minutes. It did power the headlights after the brief charge.

So does it still power the headlights now, though everything else is malfunctioning?

PH2 172
Erm, I didn't? How can I test if the headlights work without putting the key in ignition and putting the electric on?

The headlights are independent of the ignition switch.

Just twist the stalk switch.

Did you buy from a dealer or privately?

Year, model & mileage?

I am only trying to establish if the battery has any future.

The headlights are independent of the ignition switch.

Just twist the stalk switch.

Did you buy from a dealer or privately?

Year, model & mileage?

I am only trying to establish if the battery has any future.

I bought it from a dealer.

Year: 2010 Model: 1.2 16V & Mileage: 31700

Testing it without the key and the lights come on, but they are flickering.

When you said try a second time did you try and recharge the battery again or was that directed at my awful grammar?

Thanks for your help, btw.

PH2 172

When you said try a second time did you try and recharge the battery again or was that directed at my awful grammar?

I`m afraid it did not read as a coherent sentence.

Get on the phone to the dealer and have them come and collect the car, it`s not your problem.

I suspect it has sat on the forecourt for a while and just needs a battery, but if they cannot fix it, ask for your money back or an alternative car.

I would expect the use of a loan vehicle till there is a resolution.

Good luck.

When you said try a second time did you try and recharge the battery again or was
I`m afraid it did not read as a coherent sentence.

Get on the phone to the dealer and have them come and collect the car, it`s not your problem.

I suspect it has sat on the forecourt for a while and just needs a battery, but if they cannot fix it, ask for your money back or an alternative car.

I would expect the use of a loan vehicle till there is a resolution.

Good luck.

that directed at my awful grammar?

Yeah, I've not had much sleep so I can barely put together a coherent sentence.

I've got the dealer coming to have a look at it today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help, very much obliged.

renault clio 1.4 16v
Check the earths, there are several of them in the engine bay and often cause the electronics to go haywire