ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric ratchets

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Sorry not used one but looking at the specs at 45nm's of torque it seems a bit limp wristed. But i guess it depends on what you want to use it for? It won't budge wheel nuts like my 400nm's makita Impact driver but I'm sure it would handle interior bits.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
They aren't designed for tight stuff just use them instead of a 3/8 ratchet and then torque if required.
I know Dan Potter uses his Snap on one a lot

used a few windy ones at home and at work, they do speed up the process quite a lot, but you end up just buzzing nuts off left right and centre and they end up every where as you get into the swing of it haha

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
No comparison at all to an impact wrench, air or 18v.
You wouldnt compare a 3/8" ratchet to a 1/2" drive impact gun.
Seen plenty mates use them and saves alot of time / repetitiveness when running nuts on and off stripping stuff. No stupid torques either so can be used on trims or anything.
Would have one myself but cant really justify it for hobby use. Im a big fan of milwaukee stuff, sure a cheaper version would be just as good as their not exactly getting hard use if the nuts are already cracked

Well i work at main dealers but atm alot of cambelt/cam sprocket recalls and air killing my ears lol ive read online that sealey one is almost identical to milwa one

I’ve been looking at these recently and I’m trying to decide between the Milwaukee and sealey.

@Mash. How is your Sealey one holding up one year on?

I’ve been looking at these recently and I’m trying to decide between the Milwaukee and sealey.

@Mash. How is your Sealey one holding up one year on?
Still going mint, dropped it in a bucket of coolant, killed a battery but still going strong on the spare!

Using it everyday, cracking stuff off with day in day out.

Will buy another one, thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I can definitely recommend the 3/8" milwaukee. Opted for the higher torque one too just to future proof it.

You can get them from American ebay for a lot cheaper like what I did. Including customs charge it worked out to be about £100 cheaper. Took about 1 week to arrive and its been perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_133010.jpg
    IMG_20181117_133010.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 149

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I can definitely recommend the 3/8" milwaukee. Opted for the higher torque one too just to future proof it.

You can get them from American ebay for a lot cheaper like what I did. Including customs charge it worked out to be about £100 cheaper. Took about 1 week to arrive and its been perfect.

Can you send me a link to the item/sellers that you bought from please?