ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dual mass flywheel to solid mass flywheel

Clio Gordini 1.5dci
The flywheel on my 1.5dci Gordini sounds like it’s on its way out - has anybody ever converted a DMF to solid mass one on a Clio? Considering doing that to save a few pennies and increase longevity but can’t seem to find much out there about it which doesn’t fill me with hope!

Thanks!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
For the price of a 1.5 dCi DMF just stick with it. All a SMF will do is put unnecessary wear and tear on your gearbox and rattle it to death mate

Plus the new DMF should last you 5+ years so it's less than £100 per year of investment

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Converting to a SMF causes all kinds of extra stress too. Not worth the hassle IMO.

monaco 172
Converted my old pug 307 to single mass and 2 years later the gearbox s**t itself. Not sure if it was related or not but I didn't notice and extra vibrations from it

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
As above, my dad wanted an SMF on his Astra with the F13 gearbox. That shat itself within a year but luckily you can pick them gearboxes up for about the same price as a crate of stella