ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers side wiper not working (stuck on m1!)

Imp Blue Mk5 ZS
Drivers side wiper not working (The Boosh! stuck on m1!)

Luke (The Boosh!) has just rang me, hes stuck on the m1 with only the passenger side wiper working. What can he check?
Thanks!

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Come on homos. Dunno what i can check? Managed to stumble off m1 with one wiper. Still stuck tho? :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Right. Drove back leaning over...

Could anyone advise on how to take off the scuttle panel as I cannot work it out?

I think the linkage has fell off or something?

172 cup
either linkage fell of or broke, i've had same £35 for second hand mechanism . . . make sure you get the rite one though (plugs differ)

Rubber off scuttle, remove wiper arms, unscrew any screws on scuttle, lift and pull towards front bumper

Iceberg Ph1
Remove the wipers.. could be a pain! Mine are/was... Under the bonnet on either side in the corners there is a bolt iirc, undo those, scuttle should just lift out the way sliding towards the front, starting with the offside piece first..

Edit: Pipped the post!

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Linkages probably popped off mate. Have a look at the scuttle its pretty easy to work out how to get off, first off though have you opened the flaps, and put your hand in see if you can feel the linkage connected etc?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Linkages probably popped off mate. Have a look at the scuttle its pretty easy to work out how to get off, first off though have you opened the flaps, and put your hand in see if you can feel the linkage connected etc?
No not done that mate... Don't quiet know what you mean :eek:

Thank you for your advice people. I will start taking it off now... :(

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Pop the bonnet and there's some flaps, actually coming to think of it do they have them on a mk2? Do on a mk1 anyway....

Need to bump this, my driver's side wiper has stopped working. Any clues on how to diagnose this and any easy fixes?

Thanks