ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers door not locking

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Any ideas on why my doors not locking with central locking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Try slamming the door, my boot lock on my 172 does it and the passenger door on my dCi did it sometimes

If that doesn't work then you might need a new lock, I think I've got one too

PH2 172
Any ideas on why my doors not locking with central locking?

Not locking at all, or just not with the fob?

Is that doors in the plural, but you forgot to use a verb ( are ) to validate the question, or a single door is not, but you failed to punctuate correctly ( door`s ) ?

And the car is a ???????

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Sorry it’s the drivers door on a 182 everything else locks on the fob except the drivers door just stays open

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Central locking solenoid probably shot or wiring issue at a guess

I’ll have a look, I have a spare door lock to fit so need to try that also, seemed to have stopped when the door was taken off then put back on

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I cleaned and unplugged and plugged the loom in a few times and still no result, using the lock on the dash still dosent do anything, I’ll strip the door card off tomorrow and try the new lock and hopefully that solves the problem but not liking the idea of my car unlocked atm :(

PH2 172
I cleaned and unplugged and plugged the loom in a few times and still no result, using the lock on the dash still dosent do anything, I’ll strip the door card off tomorrow and try the new lock and hopefully that solves the problem but not liking the idea of my car unlocked atm :(

You can lock the tailgate and drivers door with internal button, then close the passenger door and lock it with the key.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
You can lock the tailgate and drivers door with internal button, then close the passenger door and lock it with the key.

I’ll give that a go, never tried it in that order

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Just tried that way and the drivers door still won’t lock :( just passenger and boot you can hear locking, I’ll have to try the spare lock I have

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yeah that’s what I’m going to do tomorrow aswell as try fix my seized brakes! One thing after another

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Changed the door lock over and still the same!