ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you guys.

Also Dan, there was no dash removal needed! And I found your 30 seconds to Mars album in the player, you want it sent back? I've already copied it onto my iTunes!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Wow the car is looking incredible.
26834008460_9af7d7d716_z.jpg

Good choice of song to test the sound system. Love that old mark ronson song too.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's the first one that came on. Modern (ish) track with a old skool cool sound.

It doesn't sound to bad in the car, but I'd like to upgrade the speakers at some point.

Thank you guys.

Also Dan, there was no dash removal needed! And I found your 30 seconds to Mars album in the player, you want it sent back? I've already copied it onto my iTunes!
Good good. The wires I had with mine seemed so OTT and unnecessary! I literally tried for an hour, tried zip ties to compact the bundles etc etc. Just would not go in! Only way I could get it in was dash top off, even then it barely went in! Lol

Nah, it's a great album, but my wife has a copy too. I can duplicate that one [emoji106] cheers

Great progress once again :up:
Just had all the stereo changed in mine and does make a big difference doesn't it, i see i'm not alone in having to have the steering wheel controls working haha........ that Pioneer is actually very similar to the one I have in my 'daily' car, is a decent bit of kit!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Steve :)

Yeah I like it Steve and it doesn't look too out of place.

Also, stalk control was a must! It was just confusing which one to get. I actually got the wrong one at first (003) but I spoke to the company I bought it from and they swapped it free of charge and the correct one (004/link above) was sent out and fitted promptly :smile:

Yeah that's the thing, has to blend in :up: I didn't want a bling bling all flashing one in mine either so actually had my old Alpine fitted that doesn't have USB or even AUX but i'm old skool with cd's 😂 so it's fine!

You know it :cool: lol!

Saw you mentioned about speakers as well btw, this is what I've just had put in mine just in case it's of interest, sounds amazing and has a skinz kit (sound proofing) in both doors too... all in my project thread

P1040415_zpsogoqpswt.jpg

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Just FYI, you can fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front doors, with a slight trim to the doorcard. Just make sure you get a shallow-ish speaker as the baskets can hit the window/stop it coming fully down. I went full whack and ran new wire into the doors (through a multiplug) and to the tweeters (also replaced), with crossovers and tiny Vibe litebox 2 channel amp under the drivers seat. A few sheets of deadening in the doors and it all sounded great, bassy enough as well with the bigger speakers.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
@Christ Almighty Haha, you still not had any luck? I want 15's anyway.

@Akay Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what i'll do yet, but that is good to know.

Hey Mark, my car will be off the road soon, so I can chuck it on stands. If you want to borrow my 182 allosy whilst you sell your turini's and buy the other alloys you want, let me know :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I may take you up on that offer Ryan! Thank you.

:) Its officially off the road Tuesday or Wednesday next week mate. Drop me a text if you want them. No terrible rush for them back either, as the car won't be moving until my Garage is sorted, which will take me a month or 2.

RB Clio 182
:) Its officially off the road Tuesday or Wednesday next week mate. Drop me a text if you want them. No terrible rush for them back either, as the car won't be moving until my Garage is sorted, which will take me a month or 2.

Do you want to buy my ultras mate? I'll pay a friend thats works in a body shop to do them any colour you wish.

£450 with rainsport 3's 5/6mm tread all round.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I let my GF drive the car the other day as I was helping my sister move. It's good seeing other people drive your cars as you can actually see what it looks like. It looked good on the turinis, so I'm thinking that I'll keep them on the RB.

Not much has happened really. We go on holiday in 2 weeks so I'm keeping the costs down. I did however buy a new filter. Decided with a ramair one with neck, to feed into my silicone bend. It sounds so much better now, just like my old ITG setup. Happy days.

2016-06-02_09-40-15.jpg
2016-06-02_09-40-22.jpg
2016-06-02_09-40-27.jpg
2016-06-02_09-40-36.jpg
2016-06-02_09-40-43.jpg
2016-06-02_09-40-32.jpg

I also bought myself a cool air freshener to hang up. I know the smell will only last about 6 hours, but it looks cool :cool:

2016-06-02_09-40-48.jpg

Once we're back off holiday, we have CSF to go too, which we are camping at, (well, hotel Friday night and camping Saturday night) then after that I plan to do the engine and caliper painting. I also got these of @Matt e so may fit these too while the inlet is off :smile:

IMAG1335.jpg

I have a knocking around the gearbox, so I will do a nut/bolt check soon too.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'll link you up tomorrow john as I'm going beddybyes in a mo.

Dan, it's not. I typed in 70mm rain air filter on eBay and this came up. It was the one I screenshot'd in the fatty thread.

Rob, me too. Hopefully it'll be even better than last year too :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll link you up tomorrow john as I'm going beddybyes in a mo.

Dan, it's not. I typed in 70mm rain air filter on eBay and this came up. It was the one I screenshot'd in the fatty thread.

Rob, me too. Hopefully it'll be even better than last year too :smile:

Tomorrow has been and gone ;)