ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

clio 2 rs 182
Gave the Sabelt a clean today. Well i tried the best i could. Unfortunately its lost quite a bit of colour but its a lot better now than it was before i started. It will do until i get it retrimmed. I do love the wheel and even more so now that they have been discontinued, so its worth keeping it now. Will look great once its retrimmed, but unsure when that'll be.

View attachment 185917 View attachment 185918 View attachment 185919 View attachment 185920 View attachment 185921 View attachment 185922 View attachment 185923 View attachment 185924
or did you buy the bracket with the steering wheel buttons please?

clio 2 rs 182
I would like to know where I can buy the turntable kalxon and cruise control
sorry i am french so i do not speak very good english

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You need to be a member #TeamScrapper™ having a pile of sh!te like this :up:😂:kissingheart:

I'll take that a compliment to be honest mate!!

Oh and the answer to your query is: Nissna Techno Grey and the paint code is KY5 :up:

I would like to know where I can buy the turntable kalxon and cruise control
sorry i am french so i do not speak very good english

I got the bracket and buttons from a chap named Josh Gault off Facebook. He Will be on the Cliosport Facebook pages too. It's a nice design and it's plug and play :)

@Bennos

Écrivez-le en français et il peut être lu dans google translate. :up:

Show off!

No worries mate at all,as i know you would help me or even have done...Steering Rack!.thats all im saying haha

Hey, that's what friend are for. Date night Friday? X

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Part 2..... Done! Well 99% so all but.

Fitted the new gaiter today.

37047594083_50d3c11a70_z.jpg

37460307480_2be4b9f6e2_z.jpg

37047610583_8f077723cc_z.jpg

@MrBlonde came over to clean hes car and help also. Then @.Joe turned up and after a coffee and chat we got to work. CLIP plugged and and Joe doing there work while i bled the system and Steve topped up the fluid.

37047620163_ddf5b93ce6_z.jpg

37047631963_faf2a7c74b_z.jpg

37669516976_15eba52d08_z.jpg

Had a few issues, mainly the new nipples for the rear was too loose. I think they was too long as the thread was the same. Luckily i kept the rears from the new 2nd hand calipers so we fitted those and bled the system again. All was good. Fitted the wheels and drove it out the workshop but heard a knocking. Sounded like the top mounts, then i realised i only nipped them up and forgot to tighten them fully. (I did this because they was fitted while the car was on the ramp and it hadnt been lowered on the ground with the wheels on until now.) Got out the 7mm allen key and 24mm spanner and jobs a good 'un. Car felt good around the farm, but brakes a tad soft. With that, we packed up, locked up and headed home.

Car drove great on the way home. The steering is a bit heavier than before but feels really good. Nice and tight. I was imagining a harder ride but i can honestly say, it didnt feel like that at all. Im really happy and was well worth the choice and purchase of them all :smile: Brakes are a little spongy. They stop which is good but there may be a small amount of air in the system so i'll do another bleed during the week. New shocks should be here too so may kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I will tackle the heater, seat and sidelight bulb change (Passenger side is out) at the weekend or later in the week, maybe friday?

So thanks again to @MrBlonde and @.Joe for your help chaps.

37047654083_c7f1206315_z.jpg

And how the bay looks now with some light shining down :cool:

37669530716_4c3a945f9a_z.jpg

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you got it all sorted, long weekend, but got there in the end!

Cheers Steve, new too. Felt good driving home!

Making some progress on this mate.

Progress indeed. Although with added stress at times!

Great Update!
Sorry for the Off Topic but which camera do you use?
This pictures are looking so great every Time!

Cheers!

For phone pics I use my Galaxy S7 edge, but for the better ones, I use my trusty Nikon D3300, mostly with my 35mm lens.

If you click on the pics it will take you to my Flickr account, which you can see all the info there on camera, lens, focal length, etc.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've done one better steve. Well not fully as if yet, but hopefully by the weekend.

These are my current pedals:

20171017_075356.jpg

As you can see, they have the standard chewing effect! Well tbh, the car is on 121k so that is to be expected!

I've just bought these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/281366463029

Now they aren't the fully correct ones as you'll notice they have 3 rivet holes and my current ones have 4 rivets holes.

This is the part number for the originals:

2017-10-17_09-49-08.jpg

However Renault have discontinued them since 2015 and nowhere has them. Not even on OLD stock. The ones I've bought are for a 197/200 and are the closest you will find to the originals. They are also genuine parts, but a copy. Now once I drill out the old rivets and drill a new hole for the center of the new plate and fit it, you would never know there was originally 4 holes as the plate covers that.

The throttle pedal plate can still be bought though, although mine is in good condition so I will remove it and give it a clean and replace it with new rivets when I do the clutch and brake pedals.

Ahh I see what you mean yeah, there is more wear and tear on there isn't there!

Looks like a good solution tho Mark, will be interested to see how it comes out :up::up:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Well i got the new pedals fitted. As mentioned above, these are from a 197. @MarcB has looked into this quite well and has kept me in the loop. They are the same fitment and the top holes line up, but you have to redrill the lower hole. These are genuine items, and we've both noticed they have now gone up in price. Anyway, thanks to Marc for all the info you did :up:

I removed the old ones, painted the actual pedal bases with some black paint and cleaned up my existing throttle pedal plate. Fitted with all new rivets and jobs a good 'un.

37089965824_a2f1972030_z.jpg

37767693912_bc664689d5_z.jpg

37751455346_94c3a7f48f_z.jpg

37129675073_9345101c16_z.jpg

And out with the old!

23946876528_b21ea7b908_z.jpg

Gave the RB another brake bleed and there was air in the drivers rear. All sorted now and the pedal feels better :up:

Decided to change the fog ducts, again. After a while, i decided i didnt like the look of the mesh so up front and with the surround so i took the old ones out, and just fitted new mesh to the rear of the bass ports. Gave the inner parts of the ports a quick 2000 grit to remove the old glue. Will give them a proper clean up at a later date.

37124622794_e06cc8a9fc_z.jpg

37803208672_b2083fcbc1_z.jpg

37834831121_704949b3e1_z.jpg

37786451336_f0628c2b96_z.jpg

New Bilstein rear dampers turned up.

37760231476_8aa669131c_z.jpg

As you can see, these turned up with new covers. Ive not long just bought some at £35! Oh well, at least i have spares.

Went ahead and fitted them and gave the springs a clean too.

37786476506_cb52155ac8_z.jpg

37786507716_5a10df7548_z.jpg

37786511456_6118b736f5_z.jpg

37834870441_159bbfefd8_z.jpg

Now when i had the old ones side by side i compressed them both and it didn't seem that much different between the 2. But after fitting, i felt a big difference. The new ones are much firmer, noticeable straight away, but most of all, they don't seem to knock. I will do more driving to clarify.

Investigated the heater issue but i think i need a new blower setup as mine is chewed. I swapped for a jubilee clip but i think its just fucked! Will be on the hunt for one soon.

37124720294_b93a05155a_z.jpg

I have also experienced some knocking on the top mounts. I put up a thread here:

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/pms-top-mounts-with-bilstein-b14-coilovers.812874/

I also bought new rear bench seatbelt clip as mine is broken and a new non sport panel that goes between my stereo and climate control panel, both from @mossyv6. I want to change to all non sport stuff. Im on the lookout for a non sport climate control panel too.

Lastly i waxed the car today so i went to a car park and dusted off my camera :cool:

37605222970_0c7bf2537b_z.jpg

24009848258_92b781acd4_z.jpg

37831244282_35465b19fe_z.jpg

37862666251_550c5ec523_z.jpg

37862656271_dd96409fa8_z.jpg

37831228722_e0dbdf8278_z.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Dr Jekyll dont worry about it mate, I told Renault UK what was what before they got an internal e-mail so I was two steps ahead.

@Gus have a look at what Mark's done with the pedals. :up:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Already got them saved as a bookmark Louis :wink:

Rivets for what? Pedals? If so, they are 4.8mm x 12mm. I bought longer ones but swapped them for 12mm.
Were they stainless steel? I bought the same, and they were just wayy too strong. Didn't seem right!

Good update as usual! :cool: That's gutting about the heater tho, so it does look fooked then for sure?

Will you need a whole new heater box/matrix/thingy? This is what Renault said mine now needs but after getting the new resister fitted, I've still not done anything else and most likely won't in the future. Not really played with the climate tbh as not used the car much but it still isn't blowing out all hot hair when I was out in it and *seems* fine so i'm not messing about with it 😂

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
What the problem is steve, is the 2nd spline on the motor doesn't fit into the spline pictured. The mortor itself works fine and i actually had it blowing cold as it should when i was tinkering, but once it moves round, it must push the motor spline out. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I push, it doesn't sit in the spline as it's to chewed which you can see above. I even tried to Dan some superglue to hold it and it worked fine for a bit then gave up. Admittedly it was on the edge of the spline anyway so it wasn't fully pushed in, but was worth a try!

Whatever that part is, is the part I need.

Last edited:
Ahhh I see yeah that makes sense :up: do you think that's something that can be bought on it's own? Or needle in a haystack job? I never looked into for mine so would be interesting to know!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Good to hear the rear shocks feel better. You don't want to find they are the same after that outlay!
I was going to check my heater motor thingy the other day but God knows how you get to the top screw that holds the plate in. I gave up when I ran out of swear words[emoji23]

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah man, what a s**t job it is!

The access is a right nightmare with the hard to reach areas/screws and the column in the way.

I've shave a fresh layer of skin off my hands!!