ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doh! (had accident). - is this fixable ?

3000GT & RB 182
Car in front of me stopped and remained stationary at this confusing roundabout, thinking he had to wait for the traffic lights, which are actually for the traffic that's on the roundabout, so he could have moved. Anyway i pull around him and must have missed the big vauxhall number behind me which came alongside me and damaged my door.

The guy was an off duty police officer, and a minute later an actual police car drove past as well and stopped. Fortunately i knew both the guy that hit me as the other two coppers as i work alongside them a lot in my job, but am still very annoyed as my car looks poorly.

Managed to drive it home ok and it's in my garage now. There's no damange to the front, and no problems with steering or anything, but would this likely be a write off, or could it just be a new door and rear panel ?

IMAG5126.gif

IMAG5125.gif

IMAG5127.gif

IMAG5129.gif

IMAG5134.gif

IMAG5135.gif

IMAG5136.gif

There's no damage to the A pillar, and when i push the door in the gaps at the top of the door with the roof seem to line up :

IMAG5147.gif

IMAG5146.gif

IMAG5143.gif

IMAG5124.gif

Barely any damage to his Antara :

IMAG5119.gif

Also, i've put the car in my garage now, but as my door doesn't shut properly the interior light stays on, if i press the button it activates that little round light next to it, but is there no way of switching that light off as it will drain the battery won't it ?

3000GT & RB 182
Damn it! Not even had the car a year :-/

Would it be worth thinking of buying it back and having it repeared privately ? Looking at a door, rear panel, sill, would that be do-able you reckon ?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like it's had paint/filler on the arch before?

As it's probably still straight underneath, could be turned into a track weapon on the cheap - obviously after many hours of tcut. @Knuckles

clio v6
That will be a write off the fact the quarter is damaged,that with the labour then paint then the door and sill cheaper to write off .

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
100% write off.

Fixable though so if you love the car, buy it back and fix it. You'll probably make a few quid too.

3000GT & RB 182
Cheers for the replies folks.

Any tips on how to switch off the interior light so it won't drain the battery.

Cheers for the replies folks.

Any tips on how to switch off the interior light so it won't drain the battery.
The switch next to the light should do I I think. Flat is on with the doors open, one way is permanently on, the other is permanently off.

Edit. Actually it might not be on clio's, can't remember. Fuse maybe?, or tape the switch on the door pillar in.

Listerine & Poledo
Given market values, a scuff to the bumper is almost enough to be a write off. SO, sorry, yep, my money is on that getting cubed/ asset-stripped

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
You can buy it back and fix it, but if you ever sell you have to write cat D/C in the advert and that's where I stop reading and go look for one that hasn't been folded in half..

Scrap it, get another

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
swap thetrendline seats out before the insurance company take it off you.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
The answer is yes it is fixable. Will it be fixed through the insurance.. I doubt it. My old clio van (worth about 2.5k then) had a new rear quarter through the insurance..

3000GT & RB 182
Yea was thinking of removing those chairs and getting some cheap standard ones of ebay. How much would these ones be worth roughly ?

100_0023.jpg

Also, how hard/easy would it be to remove these (for a car noob with 2 left hands) and refit standard ones (they go in the same track?) or woulld it be better to pay someone to do it ?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
recaros out before you lose them.

interior light turns itself off after 15 mins (mine does anyway), unless it's switched on by the button

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'll come and turn your bulb off in exchange for the recaros.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
write off, cat C absolutely no question, I wouldn't even bother doing an estimate.

Let me know if you buy it back and fancy selling it :smile: minus the seats obvious!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
btw to turn the interior light off just unplug the switch or unplug the interior light.

clio 182, Rx7
Sorry for sounding like a nob, and I'm sorry for your loss.. But If the insurance guys take it off you please please please can I have a wheel cap