ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you know this inferno NY05 RXS?

182 Cup
Guys, anyone know this car? Was going to buy it tomorrow evening, just looking some more info on it. I think the previous owner was a member. Serviced last year and belted at Clio Turbo. Looks like Ktec top mounts. Has a K-Tec exhaust system too. Is it a good car?
Its got 90k on it now. Seems cheap enough.

Thanks in advance.

21077544_10154621104955807_4657204296816396847_n.jpg

21105435_10154621104580807_2843161251917115630_n.jpg

182 Cup
Front headlights aren't genuine.

I seen this, will need to get a pair of genuine in it. Just sold my 200 there today and spotted this. Its like a third car for messing with and ideally i would like a BG 182 but being in N.Ireland we need to travel to get one. If I was going across the water it would have to be well priced and a good car.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Looks nice. How much is it?

And headlights can be quickly changed.

535d / t5 caravelle
that clio turbo stamp in the service history probably isn't worth the paper its written on.

imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't rush into changing the headlights unless it really bothers you or they're some horrid chav-spec ones.

182 Cup
Bought it, has a few mods which the guy knew nothing about. Headlights are usless, dark roads out arond the north coast here and I could see nothing. My daily is a MK7 Golf R so it may be im used to that.
Ktec Ultra non res exhaust & decat
Brembo HC discs and DS2500 pads
Silly open intake, sucking all the hot air in. Whats best? Standard with panel filter?
KTec solid top mounts
Dog bone twist bush mount
Eibach springs
Hell brake lines
Rear spacers
RS Tuner remap - not 100% on this but it sounds and does exactly like the youtube vids plus flames when hot
RR print out showing 175bhp and 157 ft/lb
92k miles super service history
£2000 and I laughed all the way home. The pops and bangs.

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
How loud are you finding the ktec ultra non res with decat in the cabin? I have the same setup and above 3k it seems asbo loud.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How loud are you finding the ktec ultra non res with decat in the cabin? I have the same setup and above 3k it seems asbo loud.

Ultra is the 2.5 version? So yeah will be loud.
I have the supersports 2.25 non res with decat and it's spot on.

RB Clio 182
Ultra is the 2.5 version? So yeah will be loud.
I have the supersports 2.25 non res with decat and it's spot on.

Yeah it's 2.5. I'm going to get a centre section with resonator made up and see if that brings the noise down a bit, put the cat back on if it's still too loud and hope it doesn't affect the map too much. I must be getting old, I would have loved all the noise back in the day.

182 Cup
Brutal. Its loud. I will have to do something with it. With the pops and bangs when its warm its super loud bangs. Proper shotgun shots out the back. I need it dulled down a little so a mid box should help.

182 Cup
Would love some new wheels, ideally keeping it to a budget buying all used stuff. Love the idea of 15" OZ F1 but may reduce grip. The car has a FF half leather interior. I would like to get rid of this and go for the cup cloth or some buckets.

Never did I think the 182 would go so well and be so much fun. Way more fun than my Golf R.

RB Clio 182
Brutal. Its loud. I will have to do something with it. With the pops and bangs when its warm its super loud bangs. Proper shotgun shots out the back. I need it dulled down a little so a mid box should help.
It's not just me then. I Might get some soundproofing put in boot and under rear seats as well as the silencer added but don't want to add too much weight. Either that or just replace the exhaust with a silenced 2.25. Mine only pops and gurgles when warm and above 5k (which is rarely at the moment as it makes my ears bleed) does yours have the pop and bang remap?

182 Cup
It's not just me then. I Might get some soundproofing put in boot and under rear seats as well as the silencer added but don't want to add too much weight. Either that or just replace the exhaust with a silenced 2.25. Mine only pops and gurgles when warm and above 5k (which is rarely at the moment as it makes my ears bleed) does yours have the pop and bang remap?

I think so, once warm and you rev over 5k and lift of the pops and bangs are insane. Plus I have a print out for 175 bhp on the RR, which im told is good for a mapped 182. A mate has an rb 182 and this made me go buy one. Being in N.I there is not many to choose from so inferno it was.

182 Cup
Handles better mate.
I shall get some OZ F1s if I see at set at the right money. I need a refurbed gear box if you know of any. Seen one on eBay but guy doesnt know for sure if its been done, he got it with his car and its all cleaned and painted. He was told it was. Tempted by it.

182 Cup
Good find! how did you come across that? I have only managed to find one previous owner on here for mine so far. I've searched my reg and google images but not had much luck. Mines had 10 owners too, the same guy has owned mine twice though.

I just looked to see if I could find an inferno thread as other forums have had a colour based thread. Just seen the car, reg blanked out but few things the same. Clicked the name and then went to posts by xxx and see his thread. The guy I bought it from didn't have a clue but thats three of the owners. It made it better as I now know all the mods it has or at least I think i know them all.
I dropped the car off with the mechanic tonight as I want to get the gearbox refurbished, brakes done, new headlights and maybe new shocks and springs. I would like it as fresh as possible for that oem+ look.

182 Cup
That’s her just after a good overhaul. I have her a year and done very little until last week. Now with 12 months MOT.

Fitted new cup shocks and cooksport springs, new hubs/bearings up front, new solid top mounts from ktec, poly engine mount, pbs pads with Bembo hc discs, ferodo 5.1 fluid (taken from a mate for his rally cars), new battery etc etc. Drives like a new car again. Have some NS2R tyres to go on here too.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Only just seen this thread saw clioturbo in the historybook and was going to say FFS DON'T buy it !! ? but I see you have and been ok .

182 Cup
Only just seen this thread saw clioturbo in the historybook and was going to say FFS DON'T buy it !! ? but I see you have and been ok .

Never heard of them, just that the work was done. Pops & Bangs map sounds like it will do damage though. Bought an RS tuner and map minus this to install.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Just outside Coleraine. Possibly would go a run, although that’s the track day at kirki. If I’m going on a run out the 996 Turbo will make an appearance. Will have a look on RMS. cheers

Your 996 Turbo will fit in nicely. There's a lot of heavy machinery on RMS these days.

Video from the last run a few weeks ago -