ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dip s**t lost his only 182 car key

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
My lad has lost his one and only 182 key. He parked on our drive got something out of his boot and came in the house. He didn’t leave the house until he started to look for his key. So it’s either in the house or in the boot (if that’s possible).

Two questions

1. Is it possible to lock the key in the boot after locking the doors with the remote while the boot is open?

2. Can a replacement key from the dealer be ordered from the VIN. Also do they come fully working?

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
My lad has lost his one and only 182 key. He parked on our drive got something out of his boot and came in the house. He didn’t leave the house until he started to look for his key. So it’s either in the house or in the boot (if that’s possible).

Two questions

1. Is it possible to lock the key in the boot after locking the doors with the remote while the boot is open?

2. Can a replacement key from the dealer be ordered from the VIN. Also do they come fully working?
1) I think I did this...but had 2 keys!!

Can’t you get an automotive locksmith, worth a try as they’d get you in.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I can get into the car (I have a certain set of skills), but the alarm will sound. However if the key isn’t in the boot I’ll have a noisy Clio and no way of locking it.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Two questions

@Filters

You need a long wire like this and use it to push the RAID button .
20171001_111030-jpg.1338126

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
In answer to question one.
It’s possible for your keys to be locked in the boot without even locking the doors.

Question two...
Luckily I didn’t have to find out the answer to that one and would imagine if it was possible it would be pretty pricey. I’d also doubt it would be fully working.

Good luck!

PH2 172

Two questions

http://www.theautolocksmith.co.uk/replacement-renault-keys/

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If everything is working its not possible to lock the key in the boot. The only way is if you unlock the car, open a boot / door with a faulty door switch. The car will then lock itself automatically after 30 seconds-1 minute because it thinks nothing has opened.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
If everything is working its not possible to lock the key in the boot. The only way is if you unlock the car, open a boot / door with a faulty door switch. The car will then lock itself automatically after 30 seconds-1 minute because it thinks nothing has opened.
cheers, my lad said the same (that you can't lock the doors with the boot open), but since he can't find them he started to doubt himself..

On my BMW as long as the drivers door is closed you can lock the doors and it will full lock and arm the alarm once all other doors are close. Which means I get out and lock the car and walk away without having the wait for the other half to spend an eternity decamping from the car.

Will have one last look for the key tonight before moving onto next stage LOL.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
at least half of my clios have all had faulty door or boot switches so if you unlock it, open boot or a door it will auto lock 30 seconds later and when you close the boot lock it lol, pull the door from the top its flimsy enough to get a long wire in to press the unlock button on the dash or pull the door handle from the inside then you can get into the boot lol