ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing meet + BBQ?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How do all?
I've been wracking the old nogging on how we could have more of a social meet, rather than sitting in our cars blasting down A and B roads with a few breif stops and chats along the way....let's have a day of good food good times and clean rides.

So, in light of that......how does everyone feel about a day of detailing and BBQ food/a bit o' booze?
Several members in our section have good knowledge on the right products and techniques to use. Some work as detailers and are happy to lend a hand (cheeky FBSO Detailing plug) @Cooperate had his car done by us and was one happy man with the results.

I'm more than willing to provide the venue, Driveway holds 4-5 cars and there's plenty of space outside for those waiting for a spot on the drive. Plenty of detailing products etc etc (though I would ask that you bring your own as well) I'm more than willing to provide the bbq's and a good wack of grub (again if people could bring some stuff...sweet.) All you'd have to do is turn up and get involved. Simple.

Thinking early September, get a head start on the minging months of weather we're bound to have and get some protection on the motors.
Who's in?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'd potentially be interested mate, but would have to pencil it in for now. September is a busy time for me already and I don't expect the car will be back by then. I could bring the Type-R but - again - there's no guarantee it will be available as my better half may need it. I like the idea though and would try and make it all the same :)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd potentially be interested mate, but would have to pencil it in for now. September is a busy time for me already and I don't expect the car will be back by then. I could bring the Type-R but - again - there's no guarantee it will be available as my better half may need it. I like the idea though and would try and make it all the same :smile:

Bring your lady along if you like chap, mine shall be attending and judging by recent meets a few others will probably drag their ladies along (hopefully we won't have any turning a pale shade at this one).
Hope you manage to get Le CBR back ship shape and funky fresh soon, it'll be worth it this time around for sure!

Put me down, atm I'm off on every Sunday for September :) I'll contribute my das6 pro for the day, just ask if anyone wants to use supply own pads and polish as I don't have much left :)

I see someone's never detailed before :wink:

Personally I go by hand for all things as I'm old school in my ways, but most use rotary polishers etc so electricity is a must....certainly for the jet wash too.

I have a polisher myself :kissingsmiling:.
My thinking was incorporating the bbq aspect into a camping trip :blush:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a polisher myself :kissingsmiling:.
My thinking was incorporating the bbq aspect into a camping trip :blush:

Theres a camping trip on the 1st of August chap. One member from wales is going.
But the point being a trip was planned, it's been all over cliosport...and one member is going.

I'll gladly arrange a camping trip.... @Dano' has seen what it's like up my way...nothing but feilds as far as the eye can see. But it'll have to be worth it (more than one member)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My good lady totally agrees. Machines and devices have their place, but you can't beat the pleasure borne from a well-executed hand-job... :innocent:

OOOerrrr, sounds rather kinky chap!
Saying that..my little lady does this marvelous thing with her hands that leaves surfaces in a pearly white coat of goo.

She's brilliant at tyre lettering!!

Looking....
Would be good if you could get hold of the local Autosmart rep, mine is about as useful as a pensioners hard on and I need some stuff to top up before winter.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Would be good if you could get hold of the local Autosmart rep, mine is about as useful as a pensioners hard on and I need some stuff to top up before winter.

I'd hazard a guess that Autosmart, judging on the fact they have one rep for south wales....would send him along and we'd all just get frustrated.
FBSO will be on hand anyway.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Hey @Filters is this still a thing? I'd love to opt in if it is and if my car is back on the road by then! As you could tell from when you last saw my car that I need all the advice I can get haha.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right all...(sorry for the delay)

I've been looking at dates for this, Saturday 19th is looking like one of the better days for the weather so Saturday 19th it is...
I'm happy to host this at my house but as that's the case it would have to be trusted/trustworthy people only I'm afraid.
10:30am good for people? You will have to PM me for the address.

Not expecting loads of people to turn up. Infact if there's to many people then some may well miss out on getting their car done.

Bug

Megane rs250
Right all...(sorry for the delay)

I've been looking at dates for this, Saturday 19th is looking like one of the better days for the weather so Saturday 19th it is...
I'm happy to host this at my house but as that's the case it would have to be trusted/trustworthy people only I'm afraid.
10:30am good for people? You will have to PM me for the address.

Not expecting loads of people to turn up. Infact if there's to many people then some may well miss out on getting their car done.

Haven't even used my clio since the last meet... so it very very dusty and smells pretty rancid inside I might just have to book mine in for a valet but I'm more than up for the BBQ I'll bring the hot dogs :p

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Haven't even used my clio since the last meet... so it very very dusty and smells pretty rancid inside I might just have to book mine in for a valet but I'm more than up for the BBQ I'll bring the hot dogs :tongueout:

Bloody hell mate where have you been hiding?
I'll drop a message over to you now with the address.

Bug

Megane rs250
Bloody hell mate where have you been hiding?
I'll drop a message over to you now with the address.

I been working like a dog non stop -_-
I get my car back tomorrow as it went in for new rear discs (left bearing failed)
Wanted my cv ends done turns out I had to buy a pair of driveshalfs so that's gonna rinse my bank when I go get it :(

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I been working like a dog non stop -_-
I get my car back tomorrow as it went in for new rear discs (left bearing failed)
Wanted my cv ends done turns out I had to buy a pair of driveshalfs so that's gonna rinse my bank when I go get it 😧

Ahhh now that's a sh*tter. Could of bought the driveshafts from my iceberg.....one did 200 miles and the other 56 miles before I wrote it off :(

Bug

Megane rs250
Ahhh now that's a sh*tter. Could of bought the driveshafts from my iceberg.....one did 200 miles and the other 56 miles before I wrote it off 😧

We'll I'm gutted just spent 700 quid on the 182 -_- good sides are new brakes all around with new pipes too, no more noise when turning the wheel just I'm officially skinnt now till pay day :(

Bug

Megane rs250
Might not be able to make this sorry guys, didn't know that I'd made plans with my old man... we try to watch a few races a year together and this week was planned months ago just didn't realise it was this weekend