ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Best heavy cut pad?. Used the chem guys which is ok.

What about the lake country (yellow)

Or would say much as a muchness?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
All I'm wanting is something that will take quite a bit of dirt off before I touch it with the wash mitt, 2 bucket method etc etc.

Was looking at try the ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash.
Valet pro citrus is good.

In2detailing have a good foam that smells of cherries etc.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
They'd probably work, but obviously they were designed to be used with a Rupes machine.

I know Jim from WhiteDetails uses the Meg's type ones. Lake Country do a similar microfibre pad too.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Alright guys. Ive got a titanium Silver 182 with what I would consider to be med - light swirls. Doesnt appear its been repainted at any stage. What colour CG Hex Logic pads should I be using?

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
hi. My snow foam lance has packed up after a good few years. Could anyone recommend a decent replacement please. i think i paid about 30-40 quid for the last one. Same sort of price would be good. many thanks.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
hi. My snow foam lance has packed up after a good few years. Could anyone recommend a decent replacement please. i think i paid about 30-40 quid for the last one. Same sort of price would be good. many thanks.

I have the Autobrite Direct one. My first snow foam lance so cant comment on others but its brilliant. Only slight issue ive had is that the metal fixing is beginning to cross thread the plastic bottle.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just noticed the leather stuff i have have is only the Leather Conditioner not the Cleaner. My Dad has a very old bottle of Meguirs Leather / Conditioner. Question is is the Meguirs still ok to use regardless of the age / does it go off?

Or should i buy a seperate Leather Cleaner?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Another question,

On a video i saw, it mentions that on a brand new car just from the showroom. The paint needs to breath i.e gases to escape for a fair few months. I.E not able to use Wax, Sealant and so on, Is this true?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Another question,

On a video i saw, it mentions that on a brand new car just from the showroom. The paint needs to breath i.e gases to escape for a fair few months. I.E not able to use Wax, Sealant and so on, Is this true?

True for fresh paint, but one from a showroom will have been painted weeks/months before.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just noticed the leather stuff i have have is only the Leather Conditioner not the Cleaner. My Dad has a very old bottle of Meguirs Leather / Conditioner. Question is is the Meguirs still ok to use regardless of the age / does it go off?

Or should i buy a seperate Leather Cleaner?
Not sure but cheap Pears Soap from a chemist cleans leather really well.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just googled it and the Leather Cleaner itself donesn't go off but the Conditioner does. I'll have to invest in some Cleaner, thanks for the recomendations

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
This is a loaded question, but does anyone know if it would be OK to use Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax as a top up over Britemax Igneous?

I'm not a huge fan of Remax as it's wipe off.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Si02 based so essentially the same thing and should be fine. If you dont like to wipe off Gyeon wet coat is good stuff and worth a look at. Gtechniq C2v3 is wipe off but really easy to use tbh.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Si02 based so essentially the same thing and should be fine. If you dont like to wipe off Gyeon wet coat is good stuff and worth a look at. Gtechniq C2v3 is wipe off but really easy to use tbh.

Yeah that's my thinking also. Remax mk2 can be applied neat and wet but you just contaminate the drying towel, it's definitely better as a wipe on wipe off application which is effort for a top up.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot how long all this 'detailing' lark takes.

Just stripped the car right back, Quick whip around with the DA to get a bit of clarity back in the paint and a coat of Reload. Job jobbed.

Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Yup i was doing round my car with a DA. Couldn't really be arsed to do the lower half of the car.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
has anyone seen that amazon are doing there own car cleaning products now? 1st time ive seen them so might have been doing them for a while. theyve got shampoo, wheel cleaner, snow foam

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Their wheel cleaner is pretty good. Bought a few of those when it was on sale.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Seen a few reviews on detailing world. Seems like its decent enough for the money. Nothing to write home about. Worth a try if they're cheap though?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The clean and hand polish..

26FA9315-1ED0-43E1-A450-9167C256740D.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm sure they're all much like for like but anyone recommend a detailing brush? Just something to scrub over the grills whilst it's foamy and also I've just sent away to get my calipers resprayed so want to keep them looking fresh (without having to remove the wheels)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm sure they're all much like for like but anyone recommend a detailing brush? Just something to scrub over the grills whilst it's foamy and also I've just sent away to get my calipers resprayed so want to keep them looking fresh (without having to remove the wheels)

The valet pro ones are decent

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I have autobrites set, got them on their sale for 9 quid i think, really good set

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mk1
Guys, has anyone here used Soft99 King Of Gloss? It's basically a wax I've been meaning to get for some time, I finally got some today whilst it was 8x nectar points LOL.

I don't really know how to apply it yet, but I've also got myself a 'Clay mitt' to try, so my plan is;-

Snowfoam

Rinse

Shampoo like mad

Any tar remover gets done now

Shampoo again

Rinse

Loads of shampoo for lube and then clay mitt?

- Do I need to shampoo again now?

Then try the new king of gloss afterwards?

God damn noobs.. cheers

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Guys, has anyone here used Soft99 King Of Gloss? It's basically a wax I've been meaning to get for some time, I finally got some today whilst it was 8x nectar points LOL.

I don't really know how to apply it yet, but I've also got myself a 'Clay mitt' to try, so my plan is;-

Snowfoam

Rinse

Shampoo like mad

Any tar remover gets done now

Shampoo again

Rinse

Loads of shampoo for lube and then clay mitt?

- Do I need to shampoo again now?

Then try the new king of gloss afterwards?

God damn noobs.. cheers
Sounds like a good plan. What I would do is whilst claying use snowfoam to lubricate the car so foam a few panels then clay whilst soapy. But yes ,wash after claying .

King of gloss is incredible for value , I think it's £20 for a big tin. If you have the money get fusso light or fusso dark too . Fusso by soft99 lasts absolutely ages. My go to on my daily car is fusso, then after the next wash a week later king of gloss on top.

King of gloss is great though,nice and easy to use . Remember not to apply it thick!