ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It actually works okay as a wheel cleaner. It's not an iron X substitute.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
6bc75cf6d3c827e8cc375226bd7c8c44.jpg

Just a heads up, Halfords are doing a 7 days of deals thing and tomorrow is car cleaning. No idea what will be on offer but we’ll have to see. Thought I’d share it with everyone

RS Clio 200
So what’s a good snow foam that isn’t really expensive. I seem to be going through it very quickly and it ain’t cheap!

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
So what’s a good snow foam that isn’t really expensive. I seem to be going through it very quickly and it ain’t cheap!

Ta

In2detailing sell a reasonably priced one.
Most of their products seem pretty good tbh

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RS Clio 200
Ta for the suggestions. I’m using primal detail whiteout snow foam (£10 ltr) at the mo. Will have a look at the others you’ve suggested. Cheers!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Scale of 1-10 how ridiculous will I look doing a 2 bucket method wash at the local petrol station jet wash? Living in a flat I've been trying to figure the safest way to wash the car without hurting the paint. This is what I've come up with..

Pre soak with pump sprayer > Pressure wash off > Pull over do wheels door shuts then 2 bucket wash the paint >Pressure wash off > Pull over again and dry car.

I'm probably going to look like a loon but I think this is going to be the best way I can wash the car. Fortunately there's plenty of room around the jet wash to move out the way to do the other bits.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just use Optimum No Rinse

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That was going to be my original plan but I scrapped the idea. Part of me doesn't quite trust it but the main reason being is with the car coated in Gtechniq CSL + EXO it'll take away the benefits of the coating as it leaves behind a polymer coating of its own.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the missus dad and my sister's all live near me and wouldn't have a problem so it's not out the question but I'd feel a bit invasive plus the pressure washer would be handy which would mean I'd need electricity and piss them off even more going in and out making a racket.

I think looking like a loon at the petrol station is going to be the easiest way and like I say there is quite a lot of room for pulling up to do the other bits so I won't be getting in people's way that want to use the jet wash.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Pre spray the car and wheels. Use you brushes to then clean the wheels followed by pressure washing the entire car at the petrol station.

Then drive back to your flat and have fun carrying all the buckets outside and finish it properly.

If you've gone to the hassle and you'll expense of having CSL and EXO applied I wouldn't waste time doing half a job and risk incurring damage.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Have popped a thread on dw too.

What’s people’s recommendations for a spray wax?.

@Yellow Dave

Read your post about the heat effecting wax you bought. Can relate to that lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Pre spray the car and wheels. Use you brushes to then clean the wheels followed by pressure washing the entire car at the petrol station.

Then drive back to your flat and have fun carrying all the buckets outside and finish it properly.

If you've gone to the hassle and you'll expense of having CSL and EXO applied I wouldn't waste time doing half a job and risk incurring damage.

I was going to do that but the thing that bothers me is rinisng the car after the wash properly. If I'm at the petrol station I can spray it all down after the wash with the jet wash before drying so it should be safer for the paint than trying to rinse it post wash using a watering can or something therefore it should be more thorough. If the car park is full (not often tbf) then I'd be struggling for space too.

Funnily enough that was my second thought after ONR and it's probably something I will try too especially if the petrol station bucket wash becomes a pain in the arse. I just feel out of the 2 options it's going to be more of a pain in the arse trying to clean the car in the car park than it is in the petrol station wash area.

Clio 182 Trophy
Will this work on headlights after sanding and polishing? Or do I need a special plastic uv resistant type?
CEEAFBC0-A960-4081-B254-4677949258A0.jpeg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
What fallout removers are people using? Was thinking of trying Trolls Breath/CarPro Iron-X

Have previously had Dragons Breath and that was decent but pretty thick... unfortunately my Mrs tipped most of it away like a dopey shite cow because she wanted to use my spray bottle[emoji849]

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Dad had some weird staining on the car he's just bought. This is a glass roof which I managed to clean up with the Rupes mini DA and the yellow polish and pad.

50/50 here.

IMG_20180722_120645.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
What fallout removers are people using? Was thinking of trying Trolls Breath/CarPro Iron-X

Have previously had Dragons Breath and that was decent but pretty thick... unfortunately my Mrs tipped most of it away like a dopey shite cow because she wanted to use my spray bottle[emoji849]

Just buy IronX

It’s a bit more expensive than the others but imo it’s much better than the rest.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So a relatively new company on the scene has moved into a pretty large warehouse about 2 minutes from where I live.

EZ Car Care UK. Does anyone know much about their products? Are they a re bottle type deal or is it their own stuff?

It would be ridiculously convenient to grab stuff from there rather that go online but I've never really come across their stuff.

Be interested to try their "Fusion" sealant which is the same deal has Hydro2 which is all I can be bothered to use protection wise these days.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Never heard of them, but i suspect it will be a re-bottle type which isn't an issue if it's decent stuff they're using.

Handy to have close by.

Clio 182 Trophy
Are they the ones that make the black and blue brushes? I think they’re pretty popular but don’t know about their other products

I've just bought one of the cheapy Argos DA polishers. What pads should I purchase as it only comes with one? I'll just be using it playing around with PB black hole on mine.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
What APC is everybody using now? Looks like tesco have stopped selling the daisy apc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gtechniq W5 is what I have not used it much yet but it's pH neutral and seemed to do a pretty damn good job on my wheels.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1378976

Bought this to try out, supposed to be decent.

What have you made of it? Their warehouse/shop is 0.5 miles from my house, and 1 mile from work (we're actually moving office to the same street as them soon, so it'll be a case of nipping there on lunch to grab stuff).

Really want their stuff to be good. Since moving I've binned a lot of stuff and stuff has gotten lost. So I'm thinking of picking up a few bits.

This for example seems a good buy
https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collect...e-wash-mitt-cherry-bomb?variant=8652766707826

Also really interested to see if this is as good as Hydro2
https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collect...hydrophobic-spray-sealant?variant=37471373514