ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
My Auto Allure order arrived yesterday (I placed it 3 weeks ago) which has some of their Rinse Aid - anyone used it? How does it compare to Hydro?

I might try and get out to wash my car today, it’s filthy :(

Let me know how that rinse aid works. I’ve totally given up with Hydro2 now.

I have it one last try on the sides car the other day and it left marks all over it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know how that rinse aid works. I’ve totally given up with Hydro2 now.

I have it one last try on the sides car the other day and it left marks all over it.

Will do. To be fair I’ve never had an issue with Hydro2, it’s application has always been fine for me. My new driveway is also fairly well sheltered from the sun.

I have the Auto Allure pre-wash and wax to try out as well. The first batch of stuff I bought from them was great, fingers crossed these are too (their delivery wasn’t amazing, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt this time)

Evo 5 RS
Just top up with Remax Si02. It's not touchless but it's damn good and one coat should last a good while (4-6 months) depending on usage.

I used Wet Coat for a year or so and the results are about the same with a good coat of Si02 so no need to keep spunking through a spray of that every other wash.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've used Carbon Collectives Hybrid a couple of times before with no issues. Even applied it in direct sun light with no problems.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think Gyeon wetcoat , Hydro and Auto allure are all from the same Korean factory.

Not totally sure but I think it's just different marketing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've just found a 10year old bottle of Zaino z8.
My car is ridiculously slick and shiny after it.
Forgot how good this was.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Anyone used AG headlight Restoration kit?, used megs but not getting permanent results with it, they look good when done but rain just washes polish away and go cloudy again

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Anyone used AG headlight Restoration kit?, used megs but not getting permanent results with it, they look good when done but rain just washes polish away and go cloudy again

You’re either not sanding them back enough or not polishing them properly.

Are you using a machine polisher?

Evo 5 RS
Shouldn't really come as a surprise TBH. A lot of these products are very similar and it costs a lot of money to develop anything that goes significantly beyond what others are doing. From what I've heard from certain parties, the aforementioned if not from Car Chem is pretty much identical. At least a large portion of the products, shampoo included. That doesn't make them bad, though.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Shouldn't really come as a surprise TBH. A lot of these products are very similar and it costs a lot of money to develop anything that goes significantly beyond what others are doing. From what I've heard from certain parties, the aforementioned if not from Car Chem is pretty much identical. At least a large portion of the products, shampoo included. That doesn't make them bad, though.
Oh yeah for sure. I just want the best value....

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
So I'm in need of a pressure washer, Ideally Nilfisk as my Snowfoam lance has Nilfisk fittings, Think I had a 110 at the parents and always seemed to leave my snowfoam a bit lacking, Would the 120 be up to the job?

Anyone know if any good deals about?

172 Cup
I've coated my alloys with Angelwax.
Will cleaning them regularly with CarPlan Demon Wheels cause issues with the longevity of the coating? Am I better off just cleaning them with normal car shampoo?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Had this delivered today, Thought it was a good price.

Now to refresh a bit of my gear.
6af4ab6e920abcf1c6655723e33d54a6.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I need new drying towels and a shed load of microfibers.

Living in Norfolk means no local Costco so any other recommendations for decent buy cheap cloths.

@Scrooge mentioned The Rag Company

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I need new drying towels and a shed load of microfibers.

Living in Norfolk means no local Costco so any other recommendations for decent buy cheap cloths.

@Scrooge mentioned The Rag Company

The Carpro drying towels are very good.

If you want me to grab you some Costco microfibres next time I go let me know and I’ll send them to you.