ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCT - Manual Mode Problems

CLIO IV RS 200 CUP15
I have recently taken my car which is a 2015 Renault Clio IV RS 200 Cup EDC into Renault Dealership Service Centre due to clunking noises from my DCT gearbox.
They have done a software update, relearn adaptives, and readjust clutch touch points. Noises have gotten less but still there in Normal Mode (Automatic) from time to time but besides that I have another problem I have noticed.

Today I was driving in Normal Mode (Manual) which I rarely do and I notice a clunk noise and stall like skip/jerk from the car on automated downshifts (when car downshifts itself without me pressing the paddles).
To explain the scenario in detail: Car is in 5th gear, apply gentle brake to prepare coming to a stop, letting the car computer automate the downshift by itself 5-4-3-2-1. I notice when the car is doing the automated downshifts it does not rev match when going down gears which was weird and once it goes to about gear 3 or gear 2 the car will jerk/skip and clunk. It feels like the car computer or clutch is confused.

I was wondering why the automated downshifts in manual mode does not rev-match when dropping down gears? All it does is just drops the rpm lower which makes me believe this is causing the jerking/skipping. Though I thought the clutch is disengaged cause I’m braking already so I don’t know how it jerks? — Does anyone who owns the same car know why the automated downshift in manual mode is jerking and confused for me? How do I fix this? Does anyone else get the same problem or is it only me which would mean something is badly wrong?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Where are you based ? Maybe another mk4 owner local could compare. The trophy is a little different on the mapping front, but downshifts are very uneventful in my experience. All smooth expect the shift down to first when coming to a stop (suspect renault knew this though as the car will old onto 2 when coming to a stop instead of going down)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
On my 220 you don't even feel it downshifting it just does it, certainly no clinking or jerking. In sport and race it blips the throttle on downshift.c

I do however have clutch judder in 2nd