ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Das noob

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So I got my mits on a das eventually but I need advice on what pads and polish I should start with. The car is black gold and a bit swirly and scratched. I'm not expecting to get it perfect, just do away with the swirls. I've read the big guide from detailing world but that's pretty old now so what do you recommend a noob starts with?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Meguiars DA Microfiber System is what you need.

1104mt_01_+2011_sema_parts_guide+meguiars_products.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I bought that kit originally, and tbh, it didn’t deliver the results that I had hoped for. V36 however, was in an entire different league.
That's a shame Mark. I haven't used it personally but a friend managed to get some pretty decent results on his own car.

Maybe we have different standards! [emoji23]

To be fair his paintwork was horrendous beforehand so anything was an improvement.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That's a shame Mark. I haven't used it personally but a friend managed to get some pretty decent results on his own car.

Maybe we have different standards! [emoji23]

To be fair his paintwork was horrendous beforehand so anything was an improvement.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
When I used it on the AG, don’t get me wrong, it was good and the end result was pleasing. It hardly touched the golf daily driver though! Lol! I think that gives you an insight into how bad that was!!

I had to give the entire car around 6-7 passes with a combination of yellow pad and V34, and V36 and the orange pad! Shines like a tanner on a sweeps arse though now! ?