ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Yep I was the same, they’d be lovely now if the ride wasn’t so s**t
Indeed. The Meisters should sort that, can't fit them til I've got my 18s tho so I'm setting them up once only. Bloody Rimstock

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Getting a bit cheesed with this wheel refurb. Been back twice now since initial refurb as the powder coat chips off with a bloody nilfisk pressure wash!
Given up now. Dunno if somethings up with this particular wheel or not, the other 3 been perfectly fine.
Will be coming off next weekend anyway as I've been told the pro race are ready for shipping this week. 8 weeks - not as bad as 4.5 months for last set!

3151aa1da6dd5d17875dde88c0d8c47c.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
It looks thick as f**k
Someone said might be a result of heavy acid dipping and it's seeping out underneath the powder coat.
Can with it anymore, will stick this set in storage for the ep3 wet track days

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Also had to get some after market wheel nuts as the Honda ones are domed, but pro race need tapered nuts. After buying some black titan nuts from driftworks only to find they're absolutely dog s**t quality wise (paint flaked straight off and started to show rust) I went for these muteki ones in silver (with lockers)

Paid for the wheels today and will get them Thurs. Quick seal with the gyeon rim and hopefully get the tyres ans wheels fitted sat.
7233edc8b2beab644419a84b3e647475.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Also had to get some after market wheel nuts as the Honda ones are domed, but pro race need tapered nuts. After buying some black titan nuts from driftworks only to find they're absolutely dog s**t quality wise (paint flaked straight off and started to show rust) I went for these muteki ones in silver (with lockers)

Paid for the wheels today and will get them Thurs. Quick seal with the gyeon rim and hopefully get the tyres ans wheels fitted sat.View attachment 1417520
They look good, link me up please.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
They look good, link me up please.
These mate. Look a hell of a lot better quality than those crap titan ones.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
These mate. Look a hell of a lot better quality than those crap titan ones.

Excellent, they look really good. Would they work with OEM wheels?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Excellent, they look really good. Would they work with OEM wheels?
Nah you have to fit the domed seat nuts for oem Honda wheels. Some bloke on eBay sells genuine used ones but really clean ones almost as good as new.
I only got these as the oem nuts won't fit aftermarket wheels.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Nah you have to fit the domed seat nuts for oem Honda wheels. Some bloke on eBay sells genuine used ones but really clean ones almost as good as new.
I only got these as the oem nuts won't fit aftermarket wheels.
Oh yes! Do you the fellas username?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cheers mate, much appreciated!

Still loving the double din and the shortshift?

Whats your best mod to date?
Double din has brought the car up to date defo! Bit poo that Google records my every move but whatevz.
Short shift I've just got used to now to be honest. Definitely wouldn't have spent 300 quid on it tho.

Best mod, hmmm, not really done any dramatic mods but I'd say going back to oem airbox with couple of holes in for noise. Or putting ps4 on it. Most drastic improvement from oem definitely has to be the whiteline.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Double din has brought the car up to date defo! Bit poo that Google records my every move but whatevz.
Short shift I've just got used to now to be honest. Definitely wouldn't have spent 300 quid on it tho.

Best mod, hmmm, not really done any dramatic mods but I'd say going back to oem airbox with couple of holes in for noise. Or putting ps4 on it. Most drastic improvement from oem definitely has to be the whiteline.
Excellent mate, always nice to hear the opion of someone who has changed a fair few bits...

Is this the what you're referring to?

I'm going to install a double din shortly...just need to buy all the bits.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Excellent mate, always nice to hear the opion of someone who has changed a fair few bits...

Is this the what you're referring to?

I'm going to install a double din shortly...just need to buy all the bits.
That's the one mate. Altho got mine from Abp. They're an official distributor and also can fit them for 70 quid, which I'd recommend as the fittings you get in the kit are a bit naff.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
That's the one mate. Altho got mine from Abp. They're an official distributor and also can fit them for 70 quid, which I'd recommend as the fittings you get in the kit are a bit naff.
excellent...do you notice the difference from the off? vast improvement?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
excellent...do you notice the difference from the off? vast improvement?
Yep. On corners it stays so much flatter. I think mines only set to the 2nd notch too, think 2 more to go on it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
And they're here. Different colour than I thought I'd asked but actually prefer the colour! Last set were 710 silver and these are 712 hi power silver - no flake in them but a darker shadow chrome almost in the shade.
Hopefully get them fitted sat. Look ace.
8b493974dc47bebc2e0c8dc60526e927.jpg
0819ff29b227beb3425028fcd3afa5c2.jpg
b74c33c1bb470f587d8ad78e018b92a9.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Yeah made up. Sometimes mistakes pay off, ha. 8 weeks this time. 4 weeks set 1, 4.5 months set 2 and 8 weeks set 3. A lottery.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

You can clear the records Google holds for timeline etc though

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6258979?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

Can also turn it off entirely!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
#detailingworld

Next time you use the Gyeon Rim, cut two slits into the sides of the foam block and tuck the suede cloth in with a card.

Saves trying to hold it wrapped round the block.
Hardly use that foam block, Just for the barrel really

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Dropped off for front end (not bumper) respray this morning. Also asked him to spray me a spare fuel flap in matching black. Should get it back weds.

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lolz. Already done that. I've got dark smoke protectors for them. Cba taking the bumper off again tho
Have you priced up new fog lights from Honda uk. For some reason I can remember them being rather expensive.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Not a great day yesterday! Got the car back and the finish is great and not a stone chip in sight! However, the wings and bonnet have been done entirely, so haven't been blended in at all and to be honest it looks terrible. But cheap buy twice eh, should've taken my own advice.
So rather than kick off and just go round in circles with this paint booth, I've booked it in at a proper insurance approved one to blend it all in, once I am comfortable that this place can actually do it! Ahh the joys.
Thought black would be easy but apparently not. Not noticeable in the shade but Christ it looks like I've got carbon wings in the sunlight. Still, got my fuel flap painted, ha. Was so cheesed off last night about it but its my own fault for using a cheap job. 100% you get what you pay for with paint, there's no such thing as a cheap job. Bonnet looks miles better tho.
08bc7bb6b98c3ee11f5d0c7aad6b6ec5.jpg
5ad54967db06816f1ee5483504059b13.jpg