ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Looks good mate! I hate emblems, is it really noticeable!? I’ve not seen a skunk2 in person but in pictures the emblem looks really noticeable.
Nah not at all mate. To be fair on a genuine skunk2 it's not that bad either. The oem polished up looks ok to be fair, but after using a weighted one it feels proper light and vague

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Nah not at all mate. To be fair on a genuine skunk2 it's not that bad either. The oem polished up looks ok to be fair, but after using a weighted one it feels proper light and vague
Good to know mate! Blox Emblem less visible than the skunk?

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Have the rainsports settled in yet.
I think they are such a good tyre for the money.?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Have the rainsports settled in yet.
I think they are such a good tyre for the money.?
Settled in yeah mate. They're coming off as soon as I get my pro race tho. Really good tyre for the money but I can really feel then flex, especially with the whiteline fitted!
Great tyre for the cost tho.

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
What are you going to go for next. With the 225/35/19's on mine there is zero flex and ive found them really good.
Just curious what your plans are.?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
What are you going to go for next. With the 225/35/19's on mine there is zero flex and ive found them really good.
Just curious what your plans are.?
Already ordered some ps4 for it again. 225 40 18 xl.
The pro race are 18 x 8j et42.

Sold my oem wheels this weekend which still had good tread left on ps4 but the price ats are selling them at I'd have been daft not to get new for the new wheels.

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
For the money and what I actually use the car for(school run twice a week) I cant see me replacing them with anything more expensive.
Fantastic tyre in the wet im sure you'll agree.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
For the money and what I actually use the car for(school run twice a week) I cant see me replacing them with anything more expensive.
Fantastic tyre in the wet im sure you'll agree.
Yeah mate they're quality. Handled the pm
track day at oulton too when had them on my r26. Just got to be sympathetic! Great tyre, will be keeping them as wet tyres for ep3 and/Or winter wheels for fn

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
So rapid delivery of my latest buy.

He kept reducing them on civinfo so i gave in as they rarely come up for sale for the fn2.

Done 8k so relatively newish.

In two minds whether to get the springs redone in powder coat or not? Or just hammerite them?

Not sure when they'll get fitted so no rush. Should finally help the harsh ride if I turn them down to soft. Also get rid of the remaining rear arch gap that's been annoying me.

b7ccf4123aac30820a1580d613f07394.jpg
c9a7a1a9d2af9e68334e5c80e77145e3.jpg
f674b4aa278b954c1fcf9e6fc0987758.jpg
b7e5e664abfef6c4a2bbdeabe7f69ed1.jpg
e03af64dbc30374aafee4bee6ec54edd.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Nice one! will be interesting to see if these sort out the ride comfort issues.

Are these still available to buy new?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Nice, had loads of Meisters over the years on my Hondas. Good quality and value i think. I would get the springs re power coated and then when you fit them get some coil over socks to protect them.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Nice, had loads of Meisters over the years on my Hondas. Good quality and value i think. I would get the springs re power coated and then when you fit them get some coil over socks to protect them.
Just worried excessive heat might balls up the springs?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Are there any aftermarket sets that improve the ride but retain the standard ride height?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Just worried excessive heat might balls up the springs?
I think it would be fine. Are they not powder coated from factory anyways. Plus it would take a lot more heat than they use to cure powder coat for it to affect the steel.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Are there any aftermarket sets that improve the ride but retain the standard ride height?
Don't think so. Prolines like I have seem to be the closest. Drops the front 15mm but the read I'd say 5mm only.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
I think it would be fine. Are they not powder coated from factory anyways. Plus it would take a lot more heat than they use to cure powder coat for it to affect the steel.
Nah painted from new.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Something's missing?

Yep you guessed it, STILL waiting for my pro race wheels to turn up. ATS guy was proper sound though and said I can go back for fitting whenever.

Wonder if my wife will notice them when she comes downstairs.

2eb81b10c3d856a777687636cc9c869f.jpg
7b7b47ef9dbb03921975a83ecfa06e04.jpg

AK

FN2 Type R
I’m moving shortly but still no garage. Although I’m mechanically incompetent so i’d have no use for one anyway.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
I’m moving shortly but still no garage. Although I’m mechanically incompetent so i’d have no use for one anyway.
Same. But I can attempt to use my das6 and store all my car related crap and ep3