ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Fitted the mugen shifter unit today. Pretty easy actually. No idea how it feels shorter cos looking at them the only difference (visually) is the shorter shaft and stiffer rubber bushes. Not driven the car yet, will take it for a spin tomorrow but it's definitely a shorter throw and somehow feels slicker. Fitted the metal collar properly too and tried out a couple of funky new oil caps as well as reservoir socks.

Gonna stick with the blox cap rather than the silver mishimoto.

Also a new cabin filter for summer a.c. days.View attachment 1412581View attachment 1412582View attachment 1412583View attachment 1412584View attachment 1412585View attachment 1412586View attachment 1412587View attachment 1412588View attachment 1412589
Let me know how the shifter feels mate, I’m expecting good results.

Where did you buy the oil caps from? Are you selling the silver one?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Let me know how the shifter feels mate, I’m expecting good results.

Where did you buy the oil caps from? Are you selling the silver one?
Will see how it feels tomorrow when I go and collect my wheel again.
Was thinking to stick it in the ep3 but not sure yet. Will let you know if I flog it. Does look a nice bit of bling but prefer the blox one. Comes in a funky presentation case too
af82228cc92800eb44b99043a4f2e7d8.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Will see how it feels tomorrow when I go and collect my wheel again.
Was thinking to stick it in the ep3 but not sure yet. Will let you know if I flog it. Does look a nice bit of bling but prefer the blox one. Comes in a funky presentation case too View attachment 1412613
Looks good that mate. Let me know if you sell it, and how much. I’ll take it off your hands.

Where did you get it from?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Looks good that mate. Let me know if you sell it, and how much. I’ll take it off your hands.

Where did you get it from?
Some guy on ebay for 35 quid. Mishimoto, tegiwa and h tune sell them too with red inserts.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cool, will take a look. Let me know if you fancy selling it.

Did you trial out the new shifter this morning?
Just got back yeah it's brilliant. Feels a lot tighter and shorter. Say a 30% reduction in feel and nice and smooth

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Just got back yeah it's brilliant. Feels a lot tighter and shorter. Say a 30% reduction in feel and nice and smooth
Sounds good! I can imagine it being similar to the s2000 throw.

How much are these retail? Great win.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Sounds good! I can imagine it being similar to the s2000 throw.

How much are these retail? Great win.
300 at tdi but seen them for around 280 on ebay. Wouldn't pay that for one like.

Not sure i can be arsed putting the mishimoto on either if you want it. Just checked the credit card after my hols!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
300 at tdi but seen them for around 280 on ebay. Wouldn't pay that for one like.

Not sure i can be arsed putting the mishimoto on either if you want it. Just checked the credit card after my hols!
Ha I know that feeling mate. How much are you after?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
No way sorry thought I'd replied. I paid 35 posted mate so that any good?
Cheers mate. I see Tweeks are selling the red one for £38 (free delivery) so I’ll probably go for that. Thanks anyway.

Your steering wheel come back yet?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cheers mate. I see Tweeks are selling the red one for £38 (free delivery) so I’ll probably go for that. Thanks anyway.

Your steering wheel come back yet?
Nah he said he'd do it while I was away. Kinda glad he hasn't yet cos haven't got the funds to pay him yet! Hopefully in couple weeks when get paid. The red one does look nicer to be honest. If I hadn't painted my engine covers black I'd have got the red

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Love the GP front but for some reason I prefer the standard back.

Was it easy to fit?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Love the GP front but for some reason I prefer the standard back.

Was it easy to fit?
Yeah bit easier than the front. Just a case of being careful to prevent snapping all the plastic clips (or the bodge glue from previous owner for 3 clips in my case).

Much prefer it over the stock, maybe just cos it's gloss and not grey unpainted plastic. Bloody hard to find used, for black cars, I know that!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Yeah bit easier than the front. Just a case of being careful to prevent snapping all the plastic clips (or the bodge glue from previous owner for 3 clips in my case).

Much prefer it over the stock, maybe just cos it's gloss and not grey unpainted plastic. Bloody hard to find used, for black cars, I know that!
Yep! How come the seller was getting rid? Did you get it for a bargain?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Yep! How come the seller was getting rid? Did you get it for a bargain?
Nah wouldn't call it a bargain but cheaper than new that's for sure.

360 delivered new so was about to bite the bullet and get it from Cox on Sunday as I got fed up searching for a used one.

Then I remember a bloke near me has bought an fn2 with stock front but gp rear and was mint, so just messaged him on off chance and he sold it me for 200 plus my oem. Lives around the corner so came over and swapped it Monday evening before he goes on nights for 2 weeks. Bit of a mad rush but done now.
Gave him my benen tow hook too as it's too big for the gp rear and fouls it. Ordered a password fake instead as they seem smaller and I don't want some car park bellend scuffing this one!

He's going to go full on and put a diffuser on rear etc, so needs an oem as it's flat at the bottom.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Rang up Rimstock as well yesterday as it's been 5 weeks. He quoted 4 to 5 weeks (lolz). Still not done, just says 'in production'.

Last set took 4.5 months so might get them in time for winter, ha.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Booked in for the well overdue bonnet respray.

He'll do bonnet and top of wings blended in for me and also the washer jet caps (as I never replaced them when doing the bumper - 80 quid each I wasn't going to!!).

Honda paint is turd
ed20781892e76e87ea5648f85f471ece.jpg

Reactions: AK

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
What's the cost of that mate
Had a few quotes. Guy who did my driver's side quoted 500!
Another lad who's good says 250 but only bonnet as his booth won't fit a car in (so bonnet off job and wings off too if wanted them doing - cba doing that).
This place will do it all for 300. It'll chip again no doubt but it's been doing my head in ever since I got the new bumper on.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Same - my EP3 was horrendous. Any bits done post-factory held up much better.
My ep3 was pink and crap too. The paint respray it's had since has held up better, but the prep work and colour aren't as good lolz. One of reasons it's covered in stickers.
I'm hoping they get good paint for the fn2, I don't want to lose the flake etc

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
One for the haterz. Maximum jdmz, such speed

Fact is, they're half decent at stopping people reversing into your bumper

20 quid ebay belter with a bit of bodgery so it doesn't stick out a mile
3a97a3436975f4b4572430567b8ecd0d.jpg
48fe9d895b1433f8592e34dccb85ed67.jpg
1ee3a77dfacf0ef877cffe67854e0cf3.jpg

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Drive out today. Can't wait to get the pro race back on. These Ep wheels are starting to bore me a bit and show off the rear arch gap too much (if any shocks start failing I'm getting some Meister R's).

IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2706.JPG
IMG_2712.JPG
IMG_2700.JPG

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Car looks really nice with that rear diffuser its so much more subtle black/black rather than my red one.
Cant say im a fan of the tow hook sorry.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Car looks really nice with that rear diffuser its so much more subtle black/black rather than my red one.
Cant say im a fan of the tow hook sorry.
Cheers yeah I am glad I found one finally.

The tow hook I got in black to hide better and drilled it out so I could fit it a lot more 'in' as it poked out too much. Its purely to stop folk reversing into the bumper.

Also made another purchase today but will wait for it to come. Something came up

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Defo yeah. 450g over the 440g and it's chunkier and a nice gold colour rather than just boring grey
Looks good mate! I hate emblems, is it really noticeable!? I’ve not seen a skunk2 in person but in pictures the emblem looks really noticeable.