ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I'd have to go digging but im sure on the options list for mine the original woman who picked it spent £650 on the GP kit and £1900 for the 19" rage alloys.
After that it was a standard GT version with no sensors or camera's

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
I'd have to go digging but im sure on the options list for mine the original woman who picked it spent £650 on the GP kit and £1900 for the 19" rage alloys.
After that it was a standard GT version with no sensors or camera's
Holy s**t, 1900 on the rages?!??!?!

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The GP kit and rages set it off tbh. The only problem with the wheels (apart from the original price)with the diamond cutting and lacquer is the weather but when done the car what ever colour its in looks ace.

P1040622.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cant wait to get a garage and create my man cave. Not getting very far with saving when blowing all my cash on 2 of Swindons ageing finest

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cant wait to get a garage and create my man cave. Not getting very far with saving when blowing all my cash on 2 of Swindons ageing finest
Ive always been house first car second for most of my life, you'll do it when your ready, but if your enjoying cars at the moment then there's nothing wrong with that.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Man maths. Refurb my own 18s and buy 2 new tyres, 400 odd quid. Sell the oems and buy new pro race in a better offset so don't need spacers. About 50 quid more.
Plus if I order pro race now I might get them in 2 months ha, so can split the cost.
Ep3 wheels I'll keep for winter and ep3 wet days.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
It honestly makes naff all difference to rear view. Maybe lose a cm or so of the bottom of the perspex.
I like the spoiler blocking it to be fair, blocks the glare of those audi and bmw bellends with ridiculously bright headlights when sat on your arse on the motorway.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It honestly makes naff all difference to rear view. Maybe lose a cm or so of the bottom of the perspex.
I like the spoiler blocking it to be fair, blocks the glare of those audi and bmw bellends with ridiculously bright headlights when sat on your arse on the motorway.
The split window is great for working out if some c**t is too close. Lights above spoiler, they are far enough away. Lights blocked, fine. Lights underneath, being a c**t

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Decent deal at ATS for ps4 this week guys.

Just ordered 4 225/40/18 for 275 quid (with quidco cashback too - 295 without).
PayPal credit limit has also dropped so anything over 100 is interest free for 4 months.
Also might have placed an order with Rimstock for another set of pro race in 1.2.
Best get my other wheels on ebay, pronto.
I have a problem.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Well that's a bonus. Just had a call from tdi north to say I've won the raffle for the mugen short shift, from the competition on their fb and web page. Sweet!
Should arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Well that's a bonus. Just had a call from tdi north to say I've won the raffle for the mugen short shift, from the competition on their fb and web page. Sweet!
Should arrive tomorrow.

Sell that straight away to fund a track day in the ep3!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Sell that straight away to fund a track day in the ep3!
Got to try it out first. Didn't like the shitty ebay 15 quid short shift so took it off and hoped one of these would come up used. Supposed to be quite good.
Only thing is cos they're so expensive with the exchange rate, it's not much more to get the awesome hybrid shifter unit so these never come up.

Will be doing cs at Blyton in June I reckon and defo another day early May.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Nice win! Congrats.

Anything left to do?

I could do with a new windscreen. Mine is hazy as f**k. Loads of micro scratches from the wiper.

a00adf45312729e7d7cae95140cbca79.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Nice win! Congrats.

Anything left to do?

I could do with a new windscreen. Mine is hazy as f**k. Loads of micro scratches from the wiper.

View attachment 1410150
Cheers. Wow yeah that looks hazy as hell. New one on insurance?

Left to do? Well wait patiently for my new wheels and tyres for now. Will try fit the shifter on Sunday

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Cheers. Wow yeah that looks hazy as hell. New one on insurance?

Left to do? Well wait patiently for my new wheels and tyres for now. Will try fit the shifter on Sunday
Yeah, need to do something with it. It’s really annoying at night time. Might try and polish it first and see how that goes...

When are you getting your new steering wheel?

I’ve got a few things left to do before I call it quits and start saving for a FK2. It’s booked in to have some paint sorted on the rear drivers arch and front wing. I’m also planning on getting the wheels refurbished (shadow chrome) and then finally the double din installed. Once that’s sorted I think I’ll leave it be. I might be tempted to fit an LSD should the clutch start slipping but that’s a big if.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
I have a mate selling an fn2 box with a quaife diff. He's only in Congleton, I bought my ep3 lsd box off him.

You could get 400 odd for your stock box. :)

I should get my wheel soon I reckon, probs be first week in April now after my hols. The pro race are apparently going to be done by mid April but I won't hold my breath. I've booked the tyre fitting for the end of April so fingers crossed.

Still not heard back from this bloke about the rear GP splitter.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
I have a mate selling an fn2 box with a quaife diff. He's only in Congleton, I bought my ep3 lsd box off him.

You could get 400 odd for your stock box. :)

I should get my wheel soon I reckon, probs be first week in April now after my hols. The pro race are apparently going to be done by mid April but I won't hold my breath. I've booked the tyre fitting for the end of April so fingers crossed.

Still not heard back from this bloke about the rear GP splitter.
How much does he want for it? What kind of mileage has it done?

Are you going to boost yours haha!?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
How much does he want for it? What kind of mileage has it done?

Are you going to boost yours haha!?
Boost!? Don't swear at me!! ha. I sorta get supercharging to a degree, but turbo'ing one of the best (and last) n/a engines is criminal!

£900 he wants, it's off a car he bought to break for the JRSC. Had loads of goodies on it but all been sold bar the box.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Car dropped off tonight so it's stone cold for valve clearance service tomorrow morning.
Also getting him to check over a couple other things, think I'm getting the annoying subframe click so will sort that.
Clutch damper bypass hose going on too and a fresh fluid change.
Oil and filter and genuine rocker cover gasket.

While the scuttle is off I've taken the opportunity to get a spare scuttle off a breaker and wrap it gloss black. Not a perfect job but will look better I'm sure. Was gonna get it dipped but not sure it'd look a bit ott.

ca71da82bdd7caaf856ed7fec912e05f.jpg
ba281f7803a60412f1b6c0016806f7e5.jpg

James

ClioSport Moderator
  Zetec'd GBS Zero
Boost!? Don't swear at me!! ha. I sorta get supercharging to a degree, but turbo'ing one of the best (and last) n/a engines is criminal!

£900 he wants, it's off a car he bought to break for the JRSC. Had loads of goodies on it but all been sold bar the box.
Davvy chaddocks?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Davvy chaddocks?
Nah just one off ebay for 15 quid. Davy was gonna flog me the rear gp until he realised it was wrong colour, ha. He's broke that fn2 fast! He doesn't mess about that lad

James

ClioSport Moderator
  Zetec'd GBS Zero
Nah just one off ebay for 15 quid. Davy was gonna flog me the rear gp until he realised it was wrong colour, ha. He's broke that fn2 fast! He doesn't mess about that lad
Lol no,ended up with a free charger kit out of it apparently

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Apparently valve clearances needed sod all adjustment, so guess Honda actually did them previously rather than just take the rocker off and pretend, ha.

Service done for 2019. He also cleaned out the subframe bolts as per the Honda bulletin and doesn't click at all now. Winner.

Clutch damper bypass is a good mod too. Bite point is slightly higher, pedal feels a tad lighter, the bite point is more pronounced and just feels sharper through the pedal.

Also fitted the gloss wrapped scuttle on today, cleaned the bay a bit and gave the car a much needed wash and wax. Collinite > fusso KOG for me, it's so good.

641001ae7d9106ec9cf57e53d4d42979.jpg
0c3bfaa81fd7f0a50d6ed2d39e59e659.jpg
4a82a4d6b10c408f8859b99a98ffc266.jpg
decb5da8ae9f8151181705a57562e883.jpg
1618b5506d27fb8aa9b21498587daecb.jpg
8be261eeea612b09d879486dbd9e9f4c.jpg
fae4be0447c5620cd7d3e71a59044a76.jpg
ddc35c8848b399e8bc599a5f669d4b11.jpg