ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Thanks!

Why do people use pioneers rather than say Alpines, Kenwoods or Sony? Is connects2 specifically designed for pioneer?
They do specific patches. Mines a multi lead which is fit and forget for pioneer so if going with pioneer just get the universal one as easier to sell later

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cool!

Was the nav easy to get working? Where have you routed the USB port to?
It's basically completely mirroring your phone so Google maps works as normal etc. I don't use waze yet.

Usb and aux lead go into the arm rest and I just pull it out the top and plug it into my phone which rests on the sliding compartment thing next to the handbrake

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
It's basically completely mirroring your phone so Google maps works as normal etc. I don't use waze yet.

Usb and aux lead go into the arm rest and I just pull it out the top and plug it into my phone which rests on the sliding compartment thing next to the handbrake
So it uses your phone and sim data for a gps signal? I’m guessing if you don’t have your phone on you the inbuilt unit nav won’t work?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
I believe so. Or can download stuff off Spotify to use offline but i get 40gb a month so cba
Cool!

Was the unit usb cable long enough to route all the way to the arm rest? Or did you have to buy an extender?

How many miles has your car done btw?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cool!

Was the unit usb cable long enough to route all the way to the arm rest? Or did you have to buy an extender?

How many miles has your car done btw?
Yeah well it's a female usb end and you just need your usual android or iPhone usb to plug into it. Plenty long enough too.

Car's just about to roll over 86k I think.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Yeah well it's a female usb end and you just need your usual android or iPhone usb to plug into it. Plenty long enough too.

Car's just about to roll over 86k I think.
Nice one mate! Mines only done 62k.

How long did it take your from start to finish?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Nice one mate! Mines only done 62k.

How long did it take your from start to finish?
Well did it in bits as was dark and cold and shitty.
Ran into complications with what turned out to be a snapped pin in the connects2 so bit more faff there. Reckon could do it again in half a day or so, but I never did the camera.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Well did it in bits as was dark and cold and shitty.
Ran into complications with what turned out to be a snapped pin in the connects2 so bit more faff there. Reckon could do it again in half a day or so, but I never did the camera.
Cool! Where did you buy the connects2 kit from?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Steering wheel controls were unresponsive. Just had to trace back all the wires to make sure were doing something and pairing up to the Honda loom. Could see two wires go into the block but only one pin and the other was bent. So used some scotch locks and bridged the snapped pin.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Steering wheel controls were unresponsive. Just had to trace back all the wires to make sure were doing something and pairing up to the Honda loom. Could see two wires go into the block but only one pin and the other was bent. So used some scotch locks and bridged the snapped pin.
Top work.

People seem to have issues with steering controls and the display showing the date etc...Did you come across this too or was it plain sailing?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Top work.

People seem to have issues with steering controls and the display showing the date etc...Did you come across this too or was it plain sailing?
Nah piece of cake once the adaptor was fixed. Should be a doddle from start to finish really. Just a faff with the removal of trim and stuffing the wires away making sure there's plenty of space at the back to keep the unit cool

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
I reckon you can have it all done in under two hours, that will be my target. Getting the old stereo out I reckon is 30ish mins then getting the new one in is easy, the worst part is running a mic, dab and any other accessories. Plus I want to upgrade the firmware on mine whilst it's out. I'm planning to root the cable where someone has put an aux (pocket in front of gearstick) I also don't bother with the usb extension cable as my usb c lead is long enough but it all comes down to personal preference in the end.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
I reckon you can have it all done in under two hours, that will be my target. Getting the old stereo out I reckon is 30ish mins then getting the new one in is easy, the worst part is running a mic, dab and any other accessories. Plus I want to upgrade the firmware on mine whilst it's out. I'm planning to root the cable where someone has put an aux (pocket in front of gearstick) I also don't bother with the usb extension cable as my usb c lead is long enough but it all comes down to personal preference in the end.
That’s where my OEM 30pin iPod connector is routed. It’s a bit of a pain if I’m honest. I’d rather route it to the arm rest (where the facelift ports are).

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
That’s where my OEM 30pin iPod connector is routed. It’s a bit of a pain if I’m honest. I’d rather route it to the arm rest (where the facelift ports are).
I've not got it in the existing ports. I couldn't work out how to get underneath them to route it. If you look, I think like Rojer says, there's a rubber grommet in the arm rest behind the handbrake lever. I pulled them through there

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
I've not got it in the existing ports. I couldn't work out how to get underneath them to route it. If you look, I think like Rojer says, there's a rubber grommet in the arm rest behind the handbrake lever. I pulled them through there
Cool!

Where did you put the DAB aerial? A pillar?

Massively visible? Pic would be great.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cool!

Where did you put the DAB aerial? A pillar?

Massively visible? Pic would be great.
Will get some pics up of install later on. Dab is on a pillar yeah but you can't pull the trim off so it's a bit faffy as you on my pull the middle down enough to get your hand in. Not designed to be taken off as it has the airbag behind

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
You can remove the trim fairly easy, however you are supposed to replace the top clip on the A pillar trims. The actual Honda instructions state that you use your fist to hit the trim where the airbag badge is. This breaks the clip basically and allows it to be popped off then you just replace that top clip.

SMG6E00J26273413801KDAD01.png

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
You can remove the trim fairly easy, however you are supposed to replace the top clip on the A pillar trims. The actual Honda instructions state that you use your fist to hit the trim where the airbag badge is. This breaks the clip basically and allows it to be popped off then you just replace that top clip.

View attachment 1405726
No way no wonder I couldn't remove it. I'd be laying eggs smashing an airbag tho, lolz

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
No way no wonder I couldn't remove it. I'd be laying eggs smashing an airbag tho, lolz
I know what you mean, i wish i checked that earlier so i could of ordered the new clips in time lol. I will have the run the mic and aerial another way for now.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Get Waze downloaded. Its superior to Google maps in every way.

Chapati

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
I do prefer Waze to Google Maps, although Maps now has speed cameras. Waze is owned by Google anyways, it's just quicker to update with different routes.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Will get some pics up of install later on. Dab is on a pillar yeah but you can't pull the trim off so it's a bit faffy as you on my pull the middle down enough to get your hand in. Not designed to be taken off as it has the airbag behind
If you could then that would be awesome.

Are you happy with the Pioneer unit? Is the screen responsive to touch and the menus easy to navigate?

I’ve just ordered a replacement rev counter visor/screen. Mine was scratched to f**k. I’m not looking forward to removing the dash trim to replace it.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
If you could then that would be awesome.

Are you happy with the Pioneer unit? Is the screen responsive to touch and the menus easy to navigate?

I’ve just ordered a replacement rev counter visor/screen. Mine was scratched to f**k. I’m not looking forward to removing the dash trim to replace it.
The headunit is pretty good in my experience. Apart from the one i had died and had to get a replacement. Android Auto can be a bit buggy tho sometimes. Other then that its been flawless.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Hardly use the touchscreen but been fine when I've had to. Use the steering controls and voice commands mainly.
Good little unit, only thing that does my head in is glare. Impossible to see anything when the sun's on it

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Hardly use the touchscreen but been fine when I've had to. Use the steering controls and voice commands mainly.
Good little unit, only thing that does my head in is glare. Impossible to see anything when the sun's on it
I think there is brightness settings in the menus so that might help if you crank it up.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Could always put a bit of tint film on it or something if the brightness settings don't help. Not filling me with much hope here lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Will get some pics of the install tomorrow morning. Finished work later tonight.

Wheel arrived today and have stripped it down to take over to Snappy.

1e993fee9fe061413ec09e4181f21f90.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Oh and this turned up today too. Will get it fitted when it goes for it's service at end of the month.
Goodridge tdi clutch damper bypass hose.
b16e43847ca95a533482cdf7036447e8.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Wheel dropped off with @snappy today, can't wait to get it back.

Will be a bit of a wait tho, he's rammed as usual! Seen some nice Renault wheels getting done today, the attention to detail and time he puts in is immense.
Sounds good mate! Where does he live?

I had my S2 wheel done by a guy called Robin who works at Bentley. Best mod ever...

0185a132-517f-4831-8c42-5295dcf55340.jpg