ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Is good for my ocd ha.

The connects2 one is a very slightly different shade/texture and has a slight gap on the passenger side.

I will say tho, the unit doesn't cope well with any glare/Sun!
Yer it would be good for my Ocd aswell haha. I found the leak on mine, cracked seam sealer.

What head unit do you have? Looks pretty similar to mine. I have a sph230dab I think.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Yer it would be good for my Ocd aswell haha. I found the leak on mine, cracked seam sealer.

What head unit do you have? Looks pretty similar to mine. I have a sph230dab I think.
Yeah that one. Had to have android auto and got it in the ebay 15% sale for a good price

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Yeah that one. Had to have android auto and got it in the ebay 15% sale for a good price
How long have you had it? Have you had any issues? I had mine replaced once as the usb died, also have you updated the firmware? Android auto tends to be a bit buggy sometimes, not sure if it's just my phone or the cable or the unit itself.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
How long have you had it? Have you had any issues? I had mine replaced once as the usb died, also have you updated the firmware? Android auto tends to be a bit buggy sometimes, not sure if it's just my phone or the cable or the unit itself.
Had it in about a week ha. No probs to report except the remote jack kept popping out.
Will see about an update, how do I go about that?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Had it in about a week ha. No probs to report except the remote jack kept popping out.
Will see about an update, how do I go about that?
Go onto pioneers website and there is a download section etc I think the last version when I checked was 8.19 you then need to put it on a usb. They have instructions but if you need help drop me a message.

Helps fix silly bugs etc.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Looks good!

Honest opinion...Was it worth all the cost, faff etc
Definitely yea as now I can plug my phone in, it'll charge the phone and all the tunes and navigation is voice activated now (with a Spotify premium account) Even sending texts etc. Only thing I don't like is I'm feeding Google all my habitual info :)
Dab wasn't working at first, but found it's due to interference from my dashcam, so it's better now I've put one of those magnet things on the cable.
Reverse camera I can't be arsed fitting. It's wired up from the head unit but cba with routing wires etc, so I've booked it in for the 18th to get done properly.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Definitely yea as now I can plug my phone in, it'll charge the phone and all the tunes and navigation is voice activated now (with a Spotify premium account) Even sending texts etc. Only thing I don't like is I'm feeding Google all my habitual info :)
Dab wasn't working at first, but found it's due to interference from my dashcam, so it's better now I've put one of those magnet things on the cable.
Reverse camera I can't be arsed fitting. It's wired up from the head unit but cba with routing wires etc, so I've booked it in for the 18th to get done properly.
Sound vastly improved?

Trim removal tricky?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Sound vastly improved?

Trim removal tricky?
Sound is a lot better yeah. I was more arsed about ease of use and being able to link to my phone and Google sat nav.

Trim removal is a bit of a ballache yeah. So much plastic on these bloody new cars and things aren't designed to be removed. Dare say it'd be a lot easier second time around now I know where the clips are.

The bonus with the genuine fascia is that I have to use a cage and locking tabs, so I can take the stereo out with keys now. The connects2 uses screws to fix it to the back of the fascia so it'd be a trim off job all over again to get access. Thought that'd probably be more secure but then if someone wants to Rob stuff, they'll find a way. Probs just cut it out if they had to so makes no real world difference, security wise.
Only bummer is that it's a universal cage and trim as the pioneer one is too big. The universal trim is a bit naff in comparison so it's a shame the pioneer one doesn't fit.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Sound is a lot better yeah. I was more arsed about ease of use and being able to link to my phone and Google sat nav.

Trim removal is a bit of a ballache yeah. So much plastic on these bloody new cars and things aren't designed to be removed. Dare say it'd be a lot easier second time around now I know where the clips are.

The bonus with the genuine fascia is that I have to use a cage and locking tabs, so I can take the stereo out with keys now. The connects2 uses screws to fix it to the back of the fascia so it'd be a trim off job all over again to get access. Thought that'd probably be more secure but then if someone wants to Rob stuff, they'll find a way. Probs just cut it out if they had to so makes no real world difference, security wise.
Only bummer is that it's a universal cage and trim as the pioneer one is too big. The universal trim is a bit naff in comparison so it's a shame the pioneer one doesn't fit.
Sounds good mate!

How much did the all the kit cost in total?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Sounds good mate!

How much did the all the kit cost in total?
Around 400 quid for all the bits so far, including a discount for the unit with the ebay deal. So probs more like 450 normally.
Camera fitting I reckon will be 1 or 2 hrs at 65 an hr.

If you're an apple geek it'd be cheaper as there are much more units available for Apple compatibility.

If you guys get one (and @AK) I'd be cool giving you a hand.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R
You beautiful man, i’ll be taking you up on that for sure, as it’s the only thing I think missing from these cars, apart from some low down torque :)!

What’s required? HU, fascia, connects2 kit? Anything else?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
You beautiful man, i’ll be taking you up on that for sure, as it’s the only thing I think missing from these cars, apart from some low down torque :)!
Does bring the car into 2019 a bit more. My wife's golf tdi has a lot more spec than my civic, as standard! Heated seats are underrated

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR

What’s required? HU, fascia, connects2 kit? Anything else?
For the fn2, you'll need:

Head unit of choice
Fascia and mounting kit (connects2 does the full kit with the steering wheel adaptor for 110)
Steering wheel adaptor
Camera
Dab aerial

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Also just ordered this wheel from a breaker, to send over to Snappy (to get trimmed like below), to freshen up the inside a bit more with the double din. Apparently a month or so wait on them so will drop it off asap.

5e30b9b0d7a6791e77b38c1c81366b19.jpg
878da51996678fc7b8219d51d2752972.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
So I can't use the pioneer cage or surround for mine? I ordered the genuine fascia and all the connects2 adapters etc
You've got a genuine? They still sell em new?

If so then yeah you'll need the universal cage off ebay. Only a tenner but not as good as the pioneer one which is a bummer

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
You've got a genuine? They still sell em new?

If so then yeah you'll need the universal cage off ebay. Only a tenner but not as good as the pioneer one which is a bummer
Yer i got a genuine one, they are discontinued but managed to get NOS.

I may try and make the Pioneer one fit, i guess you could widen the fascia a little bit. Can you link me to the eBay one you ordered so i can get one just in case please.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Ahhh. Who sells the fascia then? How much was that?
Cox Motor Parts, Wayne one of their sales guys managed to find me one from somewhere. He said there were a few left in stock. With the discount it was £135 so not cheap, but i would rather have a new genuine one then the connects2 one. By the time i have ordered all the rest of the parts like the adapter harnesses etc its easy £200. If you add the original cost of the stereo im in for £600 lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Cox Motor Parts, Wayne one of their sales guys managed to find me one from somewhere. He said there were a few left in stock. With the discount it was £135 so not cheap, but i would rather have a new genuine one then the connects2 one. By the time i have ordered all the rest of the parts like the adapter harnesses etc its easy £200. If you add the original cost of the stereo im in for £600 lol.
Defo. I'd pay 135 for one like

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Nah. No need. They'd be better but my days of ICE and subs in the boot are over, lolz. I'd be forever chasing trim rattles.
I might give it a go in future, but the standard ones seem alright for now. I just miss Waze and Spotify and DAB lol. Can't wait to get it all back. Did you attempt to upgrade the firmware.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
I might give it a go in future, but the standard ones seem alright for now. I just miss Waze and Spotify and DAB lol. Can't wait to get it all back. Did you attempt to upgrade the firmware.
Not yet. Seems ok so far, only faff when it says internet signal is weak and then takes a while to sort it's head out and respond

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
I’ve just ordered a facia from Cox. The part is still available in small numbers.

For £140 it may as well sit in the cupboard until I’m ready to install. If I don’t use it I should be able to punt it on EBay for as much as I paid Honda. I might even make a small profit once fully discontinued.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
I’ve just ordered a facia from Cox. The part is still available in small numbers.

For £140 it may as well sit in the cupboard until I’m ready to install. If I don’t use it I should be able to punt it on EBay for as much as I paid Honda. I might even make a small profit once fully discontinued.
Defo. Won't hang around either

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Well now i have spread the word you can get it others are going to start buying them haha, glad i got mine while i still could.

The blue remote wire mate or radio won't get signal
Cheers ill take a look when i pull it apart. If i have any issues expect a PM lol.

@Al_G I can help with a list if needs be as i just got everything

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Well now i have spread the word you can get it others are going to start buying them haha, glad i got mine while i still could.

Cheers ill take a look when i pull it apart. If i have any issues expect a PM lol.

@Al_G I can help with a list if needs be as i just got everything
Cool, if you could that would be really helpful.

Has your facia arrived? Happy with the quality?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Cool, if you could that would be really helpful.

Has your facia arrived? Happy with the quality?
Fascia arrives tomorrow, i am expecting good things.

Required parts

Double Din Fascia
Connects2 CTSHO002
Connects2 CT27AA36
CTMultilead or manufacturer specific (I got CTPIONEERLEAD)
103mm Double Din Cage
DAB Aerial If required
Tools to fit

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Fascia arrives tomorrow, i am expecting good things.

Required parts

Double Din Fascia
Connects2 CTSHO002
Connects2 CT27AA36
CTMultilead or manufacturer specific (I got CTPIONEERLEAD)
103mm Double Din Cage
DAB Aerial If required
Tools to fit
Thanks!

Why do people use pioneers rather than say Alpines, Kenwoods or Sony? Is connects2 specifically designed for pioneer?