ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Those new Civics shift, thought it was the R at first as it looked quite sporty and pulled away swiftly. Seems it was the 1.5 sport 180hp auto. Nippy little things.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Those new Civics shift, thought it was the R at first as it looked quite sporty and pulled away swiftly. Seems it was the 1.5 sport 180hp auto. Nippy little things.
I had a tough time keeping up with a sprinter van earlier tonight

The FN2 is so slow lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
I had a tough time keeping up with a sprinter van earlier tonight

The FN2 is so slow lol.
They really are ha. Still good fun though. As much as I want to resist all these new fangled turbo motors with fancy ecu's and gizmos, the old n/a 2.0 is so old fashioned now and getting to be a bit of a dinosaur. For involvement though, you can't beat it.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
They really are ha. Still good fun though. As much as I want to resist all these new fangled turbo motors with fancy ecu's and gizmos, the old n/a 2.0 is so old fashioned now and getting to be a bit of a dinosaur. For involvement though, you can't beat it.
Exactly, great fun when on a quiet B road. It’s a fantastic all round package that’s only let down when you try and overtake LOL.

I’d love to supercharge mine but it’s a case of throwing good money after bad as these really don’t hold their value.

Great cars but more of a warm hatch than a hot hatch these days.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Exactly, great fun when on a quiet B road. It’s a fantastic all round package that’s only let down when you try and overtake LOL.

I’d love to supercharge mine but it’s a case of throwing good money after bad as these really don’t hold their value.

Great cars but more of a warm hatch than a hot hatch these days.
I'd love to charge one just for the noise. But then you'd kill the reliability and ultimately ruin it I think. Think owning a charged one and seeing the pics and YouTube videos are very different ha

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
I'd love to charge one just for the noise. But then you'd kill the reliability and ultimately ruin it I think. Think owning a charged one and seeing the pics and YouTube videos are very different ha
Yes, I’ve always wondered how reliable a supercharged K20 would be. Any idea?

I’m not sure you’ll get much change out of 8k for the conversion. That’s a hell of a lot of money when you consider it’s nearly halfway to an FK2.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Yes, I’ve always wondered how reliable a supercharged K20 would be. Any idea?

I’m not sure you’ll get much change out of 8k for the conversion. That’s a hell of a lot of money when you consider it’s nearly halfway to an FK2.
Well some bloke here who loved his fn2 and had It for ages, spunked loads getting it charged and months building it. Then a couple of months down the line he's sold it for f all and its been broken for parts.
Another bloke on civinfo, arek seems to be having constant issues with his rotrex and the shafts failing. And I've heard of bits of jrsc getting sucked in and chewing up engines - however JrSc seem to be the better chargers reliability wise and for me, the best sounding - but also give the least power increase.

Basically I've come to the conclusion that anything non oem, is just a ballache. Especially on engines. Bolt on mods only for me, like exhausts, inductions and maybe intakes etc.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Well some bloke here who loved his fn2 and had It for ages, spunked loads getting it charged and months building it. Then a couple of months down the line he's sold it for f all and its been broken for parts.
Another bloke on civinfo, arek seems to be having constant issues with his rotrex and the shafts failing. And I've heard of bits of jrsc getting sucked in and chewing up engines - however JrSc seem to be the better chargers reliability wise and for me, the best sounding - but also give the least power increase.

Basically I've come to the conclusion that anything non oem, is just a ballache. Especially on engines. Bolt on mods only for me, like exhausts, inductions and maybe intakes etc.
Interesting mate!

Is that white one that TDI North built still going strong?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Interesting mate!

Is that white one that TDI North built still going strong?
Yeah I believe so, but I doubt he ever uses it! Looks like a build for bragging rights to me, not a proper useable car.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000
Yeah I believe so, but I doubt he ever uses it! Looks like a build for bragging rights to me, not a proper useable car.
He must be crying himself to sleep as he’s probably spent 5x the cars value lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
He must be crying himself to sleep as he’s probably spent 5x the cars value lol.
Ha yeah must be into mortgage money! Especially at tdi labour costs, but I'm are tdi have used it for some free r and d, so gave him a few deals along the way.

The best people who can build Honda and tune Honda..........are Honda!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Not even washed the car this year yet. Been so friggin cold.

Bern tackling the double din unit too, all fitted and working now I've had to mess about with the complicated wiring and a dodgy ground pin.

Not put all the dash back together yet though until I've given it a good Hoover inside.

Dropped the car at the garage weds anyway to have the whiteline fitted.
Before I had it dropped off I sprayed all the bar and brackets with hammered silver stove paint as they tend go rust quite badly.
To be honest the feedback from others and the guy who fitted mine, is that the kit itself is a bit crap quality. Bolts were too short, threads went and needed retapping and the brackets were also quite short as you can see. Bit disappointing for a company like whiteline. My mate also needs replacement drop links for his and they're 120 quid!! So mine best last a while!

Anyway, despite that it's a great mod if a bit pricey. Only on the middle setting at the mo but it's so much flatter through turns and no front end pitching, or at least massively reduced. Good mod.

63da3ebfdb4bd6f27b75f5a292f032d1.jpg
4c7d48bc367e091f4f8d88ef221c6240.jpg
26a3bb924e38ea5844f92433dc8e2c9f.jpg

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Do you feel it makes the car even stiffer and harsher on the road? Mine does on the Skoda, it's horrible on the firmest setting. Might be different cause of the independent suspension though, as it didn't make much difference in ride quality on the Clio.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Do you feel it makes the car even stiffer and harsher on the road? Mine does on the Skoda, it's horrible on the firmest setting. Might be different cause of the independent suspension though, as it didn't make much difference in ride quality on the Clio.
Not noticed that at all to be honest. My mate reckons his is more compliant though with it off so maybe it's a slight change. I thought it wouldn't make any difference to ride to be honest, in fact I was actually dubious that it would do anything at all except bang on the exhaust. The flex must be taken completely by the brackets which don't look up to much, but it really does work well, despite being a farty little bar attached to an existing chunky heavy beam.

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Not noticed that at all to be honest. My mate reckons his is more compliant though with it off so maybe it's a slight change. I thought it wouldn't make any difference to ride to be honest, in fact I was actually dubious that it would do anything at all except bang on the exhaust. The flex must be taken completely by the brackets which don't look up to much, but it really does work well, despite being a farty little bar attached to an existing chunky heavy beam.
Was surprised on the Clio as well, really does make a difference to turn in.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Took the one off mine to fit the BC's and all 4 sides of the U bolts sheared off they were that rusty!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Took the one off mine to fit the BC's and all 4 sides of the U bolts sheared off they were that rusty!
Quality. I've caked all of these with that paint so should last a bit longer. I've got some spare u brackets on the way too, but used. Hopefully be in useable nick.
Glad I didn't buy a used one now anyway.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Quality. I've caked all of these with that paint so should last a bit longer. I've got some spare u brackets on the way too, but used. Hopefully be in useable nick.
Glad I didn't buy a used one now anyway.
Mine had been on 5 years tbf.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Got any pics of the double din? Any advice you can offer especially on parts as I need to fit mine at some point.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Trusty EP3 & FN2 CTR
Got any pics of the double din? Any advice you can offer especially on parts as I need to fit mine at some point.
Will get some tomorrow once it's all back together.

You'll need a double din fascia and connects2 harness for steering controls.
They're sold as a package for around 100 on ebay or if you're lucky you can get a genuine Honda fascia somewhere like I did and the fitment and colour match are perfect.
Will also need a universal cage if get the genuine Honda one but it's only a tenner for that.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Yer I have seen the connects2 kit, I have the part number for the Honda fascia so might try and track one down and then I guess fill the blanks with connects2.