ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
@AK

Since you mentioned the double dins I've been looking at them. I was always put off before thinking id need to piss about linking my phone up and using my phone to navigate tunes etc.

Looks like with these double dins you pair once via bluetooth and then its linked automatically every time you get in?
Then can you use the head unit to navigate the apps on the head unit itself and the apps will use the phone's data?
EG: you automatically link up and have spotify on your phone and the app on the head unit - so you can search and use spotify in your car as you would on your phone?
Also, can you use the maps on the head unit with music playing in the background?
If so would I need a head unit with:

android auto (?)
spotify installed
google maps

And reversing camera link up for when I decide to install one?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
Bit pricey tho for the luxury of some tunes! Will see what comes up in the post Xmas sales. Which model just for ref?
I’d go for something like this...

Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075FKSK43/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_tVB.BbF84Y6BH

You also need the Connects 2 wiring harness (for steering controls) and the facia which I’d buy directly from Honda as the eBay specials don’t fit well.

The head unit will improve sound quality no end but ultimately I’d be wanting to update the component front speakers at some point and possibly the rears.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I’d go for something like this...

Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075FKSK43/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_tVB.BbF84Y6BH

You also need the Connects 2 wiring harness (for steering controls) and the facia which I’d buy directly from Honda as the eBay specials don’t fit well.

The head unit will improve sound quality no end but ultimately I’d be wanting to update the component front speakers at some point and possibly the rears.
How much is the facia from Honda?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
@AK

Since you mentioned the double dins I've been looking at them. I was always put off before thinking id need to piss about linking my phone up and using my phone to navigate tunes etc.

Looks like with these double dins you pair once via bluetooth and then its linked automatically every time you get in?
Then can you use the head unit to navigate the apps on the head unit itself and the apps will use the phone's data?
EG: you automatically link up and have spotify on your phone and the app on the head unit - so you can search and use spotify in your car as you would on your phone?
Also, can you use the maps on the head unit with music playing in the background?
If so would I need a head unit with:

android auto (?)
spotify installed
google maps

And reversing camera link up for when I decide to install one?
You need Android auto. Spotify and Google maps/Waze is run through the headunit, from the phone so you don't need them on the headunit.

Chapati

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
You need Android auto. Spotify and Google maps/Waze is run through the headunit, from the phone so you don't need them on the headunit.

Chapati
Using the data from the phone to display/stream on the head unit? So I don't need to be arsed creating offline copies of all my tunes or downloading new stuff?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
Using the data from the phone to display/stream on the head unit? So I don't need to be arsed creating offline copies of man my tunes?
Can either stream using your phone/data, or any offline playlists you've saved. Basically, for certain apps it's like having your phone on the stereo screen.

Chapati

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got mine working and its great, just plug the hard wired USB in on getting in the car and android auto automatically comes on. From there I just set wase for traffic updates and spotify for music or if I want radio then Tunein radio. One of my mates is an auto electrician in the NW Dan and is pretty cheap, he'll supply the head unit of your choice or you supply the unit and he'll come to your house or work to hard wire it all in.

Web page is down at the minute but details below.

https://www.yell.com/biz/s-c-d-bluetooth-car-kits-st-helens-7790623/

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got mine working and its great, just plug the hard wired USB in on getting in the car and android auto automatically comes on. From there I just set wase for traffic updates and spotify for music or if I want radio then Tunein radio. One of my mates is an auto electrician in the NW Dan and is pretty cheap, he'll supply the head unit of your choice or you supply the unit and he'll come to your house or work to hard wire it all in.

Nice one will take a look at that

How much you think he’d charge for the installation?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
How much and what did you order?
Everything came in the post today.

Got the genuine Honda fascia as one came up on the fb pages. Absolute pure luck, the one fascias are as rare as rocking horse poop. In great nick and he threw in the normal aerial adapter too along with the connects 2 loom for steering controls etc.
Bought a new 103mm universal cage for it, as the pioneer one is too big I'm told.
Dab aerial was a tenner off ebay and the reverse camera tenner off Amazon.
Just need to buy the unit now, I've ordered the pioneer sph da230dab from halfords and cos I did that Sunday I get it at the 'black Friday' price of 300, less 15 quid cash back off quidco.

But there are 2 auctions I'm watching that end before the weekend so might end up with one of those yet.

256228c033df76e6a30339f933eabf62.jpg
5e9888feca995742bf036b58716ff115.jpg

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, do I want the SPH DA230DAB or the AVH-X8700BT?

the sph is newer and has DAB, but the AVH has mirrorlink and is able to play videos - no DAB though and is now discountinued?

What’s mirror link?

You don’t have an iPhone do you?

I was looking at that unit at Halfords for £300, I think i’ll keep an eye out for a full set second hand.... hmmm...

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Well I never won the auction for the ex display SPH DA230 and all it's done is throw up some more questions now.

The X8700BT has a removable face, which is something I really like as I don't want my windows getting put through.
My head is saying to hold out now til the boxing day sales and fit it over my week off when I've got some actual daylight. They're bound to be cheaper after Xmas so patience might pay off on this.
If you had appradio, why would you need DAB?

@AK - mirror link is just being able to display your phone's interface on the screen. I'm an android guy though, just a galaxy S7. I'd absolutely have to have android auto, but I'd really like a removable stereo face.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
Wife’s brother has his TT mk2 sat nav stolen LOL. Couple of prongs is all that’s needed to remove it.

The double din fascia is available direct for Honda but the fascia alone is £135 and the frame, bolts are extra on top.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Wife’s brother has his TT mk2 sat nav stolen LOL. Couple of prongs is all that’s needed to remove it.

The double din fascia is available direct for Honda but the fascia alone is £135 and the frame, bolts are extra on top.
Don't think you can get the oem Honda fascia anymore. That's why I snapped this one up pronto