ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
I've still not figured out the android auto system in the Skoda as my s8 doesn't recognise the device when plugging it in. I just play music via Bluetooth from a radio app as I can't get the radio working either.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate, it just won't connect via the usb.
Normally means it hasn't detected the handbrake is on, so wont do the initial link. There's 2 wires behind the headunit that need temporarily splicing. Connect phone and it'll remember it after. It's the handbrake wire and the earth, both come off the headunit look and are labelled from memory.

Chapati

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
May be right. Carbon looks nice in the photos but maybe a bit OTT in the flesh. Really want to rid the front of stone chips! Respray is never as good as factory paint though.

This FN2 does look really good and I think black is the best colour for them despite the problems, the red ones usually look a bit pink to me.

I did consider getting one to replace my Citroen C4 VTS which has quite a lot in common with the FN2, as it has quite a similar shape with two rear screens divided by a spoiler, the engine while not being as powerful develops all the power at the top end and red lines at 7200 with limit at 7400.

Anyway I remembered I drew this net of a Civic about ten years ago & it's still on my hard drive so here you are if you want to get your scissors, felt pens & glue out.
One of the C4 for those who don't remember them!

Attachments

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
This FN2 does look really good and I think black is the best colour for them despite the problems, the red ones usually look a bit pink to me.

I did consider getting one to replace my Citroen C4 VTS which has quite a lot in common with the FN2, as it has quite a similar shape with two rear screens divided by a spoiler, the engine while not being as powerful develops all the power at the top end and red lines at 7200 with limit at 7400.

Anyway I remembered I drew this net of a Civic about ten years ago & it's still on my hard drive so here you are if you want to get your scissors, felt pens & glue out.
One of the C4 for those who don't remember them!
I kinda lost my love for pugs/citroens after my last 106 rallye, but those c4 can look pretty cool I think. A break from the norm of grey tdi German barges

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
May be right. Carbon looks nice in the photos but maybe a bit OTT in the flesh. Really want to rid the front of stone chips! Respray is never as good as factory paint though.
Take it to a good body shop mate! Try Prospray near Irlam or Panelcare near Rochdale.

Honda paint is awful, so so thin. It definitely has a lifespan and ultimately all Honda’s will need painting as some point.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Take it to a good body shop mate! Try Prospray near Irlam or Panelcare near Rochdale.

Honda paint is awful, so so thin. It definitely has a lifespan and ultimately all Honda’s will need painting as some point.
Yep. Absolute ballache! Only good thing about winter tho is it hides the swirls and chips.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. Absolute ballache! Only good thing about winter tho is it hides the swirls and chips.
Beauty of owning a black car.

Once upon a time I owned a black fiesta Si. I got pulled for driving too slowly (roads were wet and muddy) on a B road. When I told him it was because I’d just washed the car he just laughed and sent me on my way.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
Just done a couple of quotes...18 year old student, 0 NCB, 1st year of driving. No convictions....Citroen C1 1.0 3D Base Spec.

Current address (A rated postcode)

9bf9140692f71f9a69977b4e9dfde608.jpg

Old Manc address (refer postcode lol)

89172efd39c3de397a07e662c21a8319.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
Don't get me started on postcodes! Every single one I've been at has been a ballache. Manchester central being the worst
My house was M19...Burnage. Not the greatest. M14 was a bit of a pain as that was shared by Fallowfield and Moss Side.

To be fair S2000s have always been steep on insurance and mine used to come in at around £700, garaged (M19). I still pay £350 in an A rated postcode (CW8) even though it’s sorned 11.9 months of the year and my mileage is restricted to 3k.