ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
RS3 wear isn't great IME, less than 10k on the daily barge going up and down the m62 and less than 3k on the 182 with spirited road driving and half a wet track day. I rotated them all as well.

They are good in the wet on track though so as long as you don't do big miles they're fine.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
RS3 wear isn't great IME, less than 10k on the daily barge going up and down the m62 and less than 3k on the 182 with spirited road driving and half a wet track day. I rotated them all as well.

They are good in the wet on track though so as long as you don't do big miles they're fine.
60 quid a pop, alright for 17s. Immense in the wet tho i remember from my r26.

4 weeks delivery tho, what a p take. Not using mytyres/delticom again

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
When are the rain sports going on.?
Well. Funny story........

I had 5 ep3 wheels in the shed and I took 4 to get refurbed. All done, paid the man and had the tyres fitted today and brought home. Lovely and shiny and ready to go on, on Thursday.
Then I noticed the first wheel had enkei stamped on it when applying the gyeon rim. But the next was Honda motor co and no enkei stamp. Balls. The enkei are off a preface and the Honda motor co are off the facelift. I remember when I first got my ep3 there was a myth that preface were lighter than the facelift so I got my scales out and lo and behold the enkei is 18.7kg with the tyre and the 3 facelift wheels are 19.2!!!!
I doubt I'll notice the difference, I never did with the ad08r on, on the ep3, but now I've noticed it, it'll piss me off. So hopefully get the 5th refurbed and tyre swapped over in time.

Anyway they look nice and shiny in my living room for now, ha.
61ccbb6ae0f636c823dc71700f20bd91.jpg
7ae574a99d2b9647bb0512a658e3430c.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Preface enkei stamped and facelift Honda motor co stamped. As you can see same part number but a definite 0.5kg difference in weight between them (preface being the lighter)
0ad9f7d7523c015ff9e3eeb849ff2832.jpg
5acf4f2f1ad163e8b6c64a52de1dad04.jpg

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Feel your pain mate, 3 hours a day my commute... east lancs/M6/M62/M60, its only a 50 mile round trip FFS!

Car looks really good by the way, its making me want one!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
How and why do you do that?!

Sitting in an office all day is bad enough but spending 3 hrs or even 1 hr sat in a queue to do that is killing me!

Was even asking the guy at the powder coat place if he had any jobs or leads into doing what he does. I'm done with this s**t!

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
How and why do you do that?!

Sitting in an office all day is bad enough but spending 3 hrs or even 1 hr sat in a queue to do that is killing me!

Was even asking the guy at the powder coat place if he had any jobs or leads into doing what he does. I'm done with this s**t!
Its soul destroying mate isn't it. 10 years I've been doing this now. Leave the house at 6:30am and get home around 5:30pm my working hours are 8-4 so its normally a 50-55 hour week.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
I commute 7 miles each way and sit in front of a screen all day. A bit of me dies every day for sure. My car and holiday addiction keeps me just about sane. I couldn't bear a longer commute than 30 mins unless I was walking/cycling.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Well got all the bits fitted and wow, what a difference. Front end feels a lot more assured now and more importantly no more annoying rattle/clunk.

Rear pads had loads of life left in them but they're now binned in favour of the EBC - so hopefully no rusty red dust on my shiny refurbed wheels.

Drives so nicely on the 17s and the softer rainsports are an improvement again, on the ad08rs that were on before (or maybe it's more down to the shagged D bushes).

Decided to put the 15/20mm spacers on that I had used with the OEM Fn2 wheels. The rears look like they may catch under full compression but I never have rear passengers so not fussed, They sit 1mm further in at the front and 3.6mm further out than the pro race so they're pretty flush. Not got any decent photos yet as it's dark (hate winter). Just some photos the guy at the garage took for me (fellow Fn2 geek).

Check out how shagged the old d bushes were!! Glad I took a punt and got a set just in case. Went for the Meyle HD drop links too, both the oem ones were goosed.

Also found a screw in one of my ad08r, from the clowns at work. Not happy

5d15c6e03a786e238dd77880cc59622e.jpg
c0f3f5bc7861091f984f2d9545bc7dbb.jpg
23229f92d0cace303d82b0fbcd16076c.jpg
eda15c7f3be9c5ebc05ccd95cf9de9f2.jpg
d7322e605c5a851507bf05dca781884d.jpg
09044c4117113a487d8ad6cacaaa244b.jpg
0727dd300192bc10443b532e75967149.jpg

Looks like a pretty big job as all the center console has to be removed etc. you doing it yourself?
You need to remove the whole centre section basically. Handbrake, gear gaitor, centre console, it does look a nightmare!

Was planning on but at the same time if you can pay someone £30 from Halfords to sort it I’m not sure it’s worth the effort myself.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
You need to remove the whole centre section basically. Handbrake, gear gaitor, centre console, it does look a nightmare!

Was planning on but at the same time if you can pay someone £30 from Halfords to sort it I’m not sure it’s worth the effort myself.
For 30 quid I'd defo get them to do it! I wouldn't mind something for dab (?) Radio but I can't get my head around linking phones up everytime I get in the car, plus I always use the phones sat nav. I desperately need to update my usb memory stick too.

For 30 quid I'd defo get them to do it! I wouldn't mind something for dab (?) Radio but I can't get my head around linking phones up everytime I get in the car, plus I always use the phones sat nav. I desperately need to update my usb memory stick too.
If you’ve got an iPhone i think it’s as simple as plugging it into a cable and that’s all, then CarPlay kicks in and you can use the display to navigate the apps on your phone.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member

Definitely don’t let Halfords do it! They’ll completely f**k up the job and end up charging you a lot more. They’re expecting it to be a simple out and in prong job.

The Civic stereo doesn’t even have a code because it’s such a pig to remove lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone can find a guide that would be good.

Depending on my next job depends whether I keep mine for longer. And if I do the POS stereo has got to go