ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Go big or go the f**k home and thumb your arse is the saying... I think

Glad you’ve seen sense and you’re gonna stick a better lump in it[emoji102][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Good to see your not throwing in the towel! Shame it’s all gone south so soon though.
Make boris great again

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cylinder 2 (French counting) all the others were acceptable

IMG_20180620_181638.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a cheeky plan.

Gonna go and buy an mx5 to tide me over summer then sell that. There's going to be nothing worse than wanting to go for a hoon on a late night drive and having a broken clio in the drive and a 1.7 n/a 55bho lupo as the other car.

Off to view one tonight or tomorrow

RB Clio 182
Personally Dan i think its time to sell on/break or put back standard/sell parts and standard car and start a new project, just from personal experience with these, and when is enough.. enough?(financially and mentally)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a cheeky plan.

Gonna go and buy an mx5 to tide me over summer then sell that. There's going to be nothing worse than wanting to go for a hoon on a late night drive and having a broken clio in the drive and a 1.7 n/a 55bho lupo as the other car.

Good shout mate!

I used to have a MK1 MX-5 and bloody loved it. What model are you looking at?

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Bit of a cheeky plan.

Get a s2000, that'll keep you happy

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I totally get the mx5 hype now. It's so bloody fun. Done 90 miles in it today. There's something so good/refreshing about driving through a city at midnight with the roof down.

I can't wait to get it up to a decent spec. Needs deswirling badly.

Think it's a keeper though as the paintwork is impressive for an old car.
IMG_20180622_154707_030.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Poor Boris is being retreated to the garage next week.

Done 350 miles in the mx since Friday and it's been incredible. Especially in this weather.

I can 100% see me losing interest in the clio completely sadly.

This car has has made me the happiest I've been in a week than the clio turbo has in nearly 2 years hahahaha.

So up and down with this car it's unbelievable. It used to make me so happy daily.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Poor Boris is being retreated to the garage next week.

Done 350 miles in the mx since Friday and it's been incredible. Especially in this weather.

I can 100% see me losing interest in the clio completely sadly.

This car has has made me the happiest I've been in a week than the clio turbo has in nearly 2 years hahahaha.

So up and down with this car it's unbelievable. It used to make me so happy daily.
N/A ftw unfortunately :(

RB Clio 182
Agreed mate. On a clio anyway.

Me too mate, i love my little clio now its n/a again and its not had a single issue since ive had it, its such a relief, its bot like they are slow anyway, and i love chasing the revs round to the red line with the induction screaming ‘i want more.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Me too mate, i love my little clio now its n/a again and its not had a single issue since ive had it, its such a relief, its bot like they are slow anyway, and i love chasing the revs round to the red line with the induction screaming ‘i want more on my way to work because I never go anywhere else.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
ITBs ftw....

Mx5 looks tidy from that picture! Just don’t get sunburnt having the lid down in this weather

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
MX5's are awesome, it's probably the most fun i have had in a car. As you said driving around at night with the roof down is epic. I really want one again, but might go with MK3 this time. Break the Clio and turbo the MX5 you will be a lot happier.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
They've always been an issue with it's image that seems to put some off but if you don't give a f**k what people think they're a bargain for the amount of fun you have.
A good example of people misjudging cars is my old next door neighbour thought my supercharged Honda S2000 was a girls car so i took him for a drive and scared the absolute s**t out of him.

My old 5 Hillclimber.
fullsizeoutput_4fc.jpeg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Been wondering what to do with regards to the engine situation. I've seen recently that someone's meg 250 has suffered a similar fate of having cracked ring lands. This has really put me off the idea of buying a £1.5k engine, sticking that in and having it mapped again for if it's going to not last.

I don't want to forge the engine as Its a lot of money.

I don't want to get another 225 engine and put that in as it will just happen again.

Wonder if the bores look good I could just change the pistons to forged ones in situ? Anyone know if that's possible or would I need rods too? Not in terms of making more power but physically can I fit forged pistons to standard rods.