ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Da polisher advice

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm on the verge of getting a Das 6 pro to do a bit of paint correction on my flame red 172. It has dullish paint in places as well as a few light scratches/chips and some swirling, without gathering a garage full of products can anyone recommend the basic pads and compounds etc I could get a good result with.
Of the products I already have AG extra gloss protection and AF Tripple may be of use.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

something like this... will be plenty to do your car twice over or more !!

Colour coded pads to compounds.. easy peasy.

Get some masking tape (that blue stuff) and some IPA to wipe down after.. though TBH a layer of tripple will do the job after anyway !

Get a finishing pad (no cut) for Tripple and such.. https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/menzerna-finishing-pad pour examplé.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182

something like this... will be plenty to do your car twice over or more !!

Colour coded pads to compounds.. easy peasy.

Get some masking tape (that blue stuff) and some IPA to wipe down after.. though TBH a layer of tripple will do the job after anyway !

Get a finishing pad (no cut) for Tripple and such.. https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/menzerna-finishing-pad pour examplé.
Thanks that's perfect, so much choice it was baffling!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Before I buy a Das 6 V2 is there a reason so many people recommend the Das 6 pro?

Should I buy the kit or select better pads and polish as I've read the Menzerna pads are crap

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just thought I'd update this for anyone else thinking of getting a DA. I ended up getting a DAS 6 pro with chemical guys orange and white hexlogics and 3" blue and orange scholl pads.

I used it for the first time this weekend with megs 105 and 205, what a transformation! The colour of my flame red 172 really pops now, highly recommended