ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D type with 172 and 182 cups

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Had a D type in at work today and we couldn't resist getting some pictures before bringing the Jag inside.
IMG_20190524_155312.jpg
IMG_20190524_155337.jpg
IMG_20190524_155303.jpg

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
hope you had him in the twisties.
Ha ha didn't drive with it, it is road legal though, and on crossplies against R888's I don't think it would keep up with mine in the bends. Would f**k off on the straights though, a fairly hot engine in that one.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Trust me when I say this is a VERY special engine. We designed it, and it is pretty full on.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Yeah, I'd say that's the sort of ballpark. I'm not sure how much I can really say about it, obviously the owners of these things are usually pretty against information getting out, so I'm keen to keep most of the details under wraps, except the somewhat rare sight of 1*2's in the same shot as D-types haha

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
doubt the owners on cliosport forum tbf. spill the beans.
True that, but a couple of the guys I work with are on here for sure haha. There's not much to spill in all honesty, except to say the engine's had a lot of work, and custom work at that. The values of these things are always difficult to work out anyway, it's mostly dependent on how much someone wants it. If you've got a specific question that isn't how much power it makes I'll try and answer it if I can though!