ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup brake light

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My cup brake light isn't working, I've dissassembled it and all looks ok with continuity on all leds, resistors but not on the plug terminals. I know nothing about electrics but surely there should be? With these now unavailable I'm not prepared to write it off just yet.

Any ideas?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Put a led strip in it. Have a search on here mate.

Or you could pay £200 on eBay to get the last new one ever, lol.

@DomP182

Clio 172 PH1
Thats what i did eventually, looks better in my opinion(stronger leds) and cost me a pound.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
All sorted now thanks, it was as simple as a dodgy connection at the led end

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
glad you didn't need this then mate:

dan's cast offs.
why do people panic over these not working? hardly the end of the world in the scheme of things.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My 182 failed it's mot over it even though I've read loads of people saying it's not a fail.

dan's cast offs.
My 182 failed it's mot over it even though I've read loads of people saying it's not a fail.

It 100% is not a fail!!!!!!!

Report it to visa and then go back and tell the tester you've reported it, should keep the little t**t on his toes!!
Really winds me up when Muppets fail stuff that clearly isn't a fail.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182

Report it to visa and then go back and tell the tester you've reported it, should keep the little t**t on his toes!!

Yeah I know, I live in the sticks so not much mot station choice and they can be right idiots

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

We had a Nissan note fail on that.

Just replaced the bulb but still. I didn't think it was a fail tbh .

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered 2 from a frenchcar parts site. I then got no confirmation email and the bank statement shows Singapore payment. Today i recieved a pair of fake Ray Bans in the post from China in exchange for the £79 i paid haha! Googled it and its a cloned scam website. Loads of people have ordered different things and have recieved a pair of fake bans which really confuses me as to why they would bother sending anything at all.

monaco 172
I ordered 2 from a frenchcar parts site. I then got no confirmation email and the bank statement shows Singapore payment. Today i recieved a pair of fake Ray Bans in the post from China in exchange for the £79 i paid haha! Googled it and its a cloned scam website. Loads of people have ordered different things and have recieved a pair of fake bans which really confuses me as to why they would bother sending anything at all.

I think PayPal seller protection only requires that the seller provides a tracking number for a sent item, they don't have to actually proove what they've posted.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I think PayPal seller protection only requires that the seller provides a tracking number for a sent item, they don't have to actually proove what they've posted.

I did it through a website, but used a credit card so hopefully getting it back.