ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF18 Media Thread

Renault Clio 172 cup
That’s the one!

The only car I saw that was keeping with him (when I was in the car) was the 500bhp 197. And that was only catching up on the straights lol

I was on in the morning session, the white Rentune 197, for about 10 laps he stayed about 30 meters ahead. Obviously pulled a little on the straights but I pulled it back through the corners. That meg looks so composed through the bends though, was a pleasure to watch it!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I was on in the morning session, the white Rentune 197, for about 10 laps he stayed about 30 meters ahead. Obviously pulled a little on the straights but I pulled it back through the corners. That meg looks so composed through the bends though, was a pleasure to watch it!

New white one?
Pretty certain all he’d done on it (or from what I took away after a brief chat) was tyres and brakes, couldn’t believe it.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
New white one?
Pretty certain all he’d done on it (or from what I took away after a brief chat) was tyres and brakes, couldn’t believe it.
New white Meg had 19" track wheels and Nankang AR-1s fitted. Option on brakes are red Brembo front calipers and red rear when you pick the cup chassis, separate option is bi material discs

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got round to uploading some on board footage of the Trophy at CSF18.

I hope you all enjoy!

There's obviously a few of you in this video!

@andybond there's some footage of your Exige, and a great clip of you passing me whilst I've got my window down on a 'cool down lap'

It sounds amazing! [emoji23]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

andybond

ClioSport Club Member

I hope you all enjoy!

@andybond there's some footage of your Exige, and a great clip of you passing me whilst I've got my window down on a 'cool down lap'

You drive well on that clip and the car sounds like the lovechild of darth vader and a asthma inhaler.

What tyres were you on? Guessing AD08R?

I didnt spot me passing? Only you chasing me and me letting you past?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
You drive well on that clip and the car sounds like the lovechild of darth vader and a asthma inhaler.

What tyres were you on? Guessing AD08R?

I didnt spot me passing? Only you chasing me and me letting you past?

Watch from 20:20 bud, you soon pass me! ?

Thank you mate, the Trophy really impressed and shook off any of my doubts! Your right though, it does sound like an angry vacuum cleaner... ?

Tyres were indeed AD08R's ?

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Watch from 20:20 bud, you soon pass me! ?

Thank you mate, the Trophy really impressed and shook off any of my doubts! Your right though, it does sound like an angry vacuum cleaner... ?

Tyres were indeed AD08R's ?

I never had any doubts that the car you have was going to be a letdown. @ricardo loved his.

I feel I was missing a lot of grip from my Yoko V105 and have been working out that the AD08R seems to be the tyre of choice at the minute. Thanks for confirming

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I never had any doubts that the car you have was going to be a letdown. @ricardo loved his.

I feel I was missing a lot of grip from my Yoko V105 and have been working out that the AD08R seems to be the tyre of choice at the minute. Thanks for confirming

The praise those tyres receive from everyone really is justified. I used to use Nankang NS2R's which are a great tyre, but after replacing them with the Yoko's I was blown away by the step up in performance!

I don't think you'll have any regrets fitting them to the Exige. ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

I hope you all enjoy!

What filter is on that? Sounds ace!
Unlike that gear change beep, which is annoying as f**k! Lol

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yours?

Flying. How would you say it compared to the clios?.

Me? Yeah that's one of the vids. Only one I've been arsed to upload to YT. don't know how you guys do all these fancy edited vids?!? I've got a love for the clios, awesome little cars out the box. Think it's easier to get more out of the K20 though which may or may not give them the edge. Costs a bloody fortune though. Depends on the tyres and stuff I guess. Pretty evenly matched in most cases.