ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cost of diagnostics?

hi i have a clio 182 and i need to take to garage to get a few things checked over, spoke to my local garage in wimbledon who said they would do a diagnostics for £85 sounds allot but is that standard cost?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We charge £40+VAT for CLiP diagnostics but if we are asked to do any repair(s) we discount the cost in full

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just helps pay for the time when Steve with his "my mate down he pub can fix it for pennies" comes knocking looking for a hand out ("Come on, you plug it in and thats it"... well you buy one then **** knocker!)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
:lolup:

Don't a bit of jay and silent bob strike back

Also regarding the diagnostics, you want someone who knows what there are looking for and how to rectify it (Like the man above for example). Not just plug it in and charge you for privilege

dan's cast offs.
hi i have a clio 182 and i need to take to garage to get a few things checked over, spoke to my local garage in wimbledon who said they would do a diagnostics for £85 sounds allot but is that standard cost?

£85 !!! do they take you out for dinner first and get you drunk or just pull your pants down and f@#k you there and then!!! that's horrendous!!

£85 !!! do they take you out for dinner first and get you drunk or just pull your pants down and f@#k you there and then!!! that's horrendous!!

My thoughts exactly so I said fook em and found a nice local guy in mitchem Surrey who has worked on quite a few cliosport

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
They wanted £84 for diagnostics which I thought was too steep, is it a good value garage? as Its nice and local for me. £s put me off a little
Ask for andy if you do call again, clip test is just £36+vat , and as mick does, if you have the work done it gets included in the repair.
who ever you spoke to should not of quoted £84 for a clip test, unless, it's not just a clip test you asked for??
when you say a few things checked over, what was you after?
pm me if you want.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Just helps pay for the time when Steve with his "my mate down he pub can fix it for pennies" comes knocking looking for a hand out ("Come on, you plug it in and thats it"... well you buy one then **** knocker!)

Out of interest Mick, how much is the Clip machine to buy?

My local dealer are arounf 60/70 quid to get plugged in.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Depends on what package you buy but the cheapest legitimate CLiP is around £2300+vat.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Whats the cost of reseting egr adaptive values? £40?

Had enough of looking at mil in the dci now:(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
With me Martin that would be a Config charge which is £25+VAT (same charge as reconfiguring SRS modules and EPB's)

Adam - yeah no bother, want a go on the wife to? LoLz

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
With me Martin that would be a Config charge which is £25+VAT (same charge as reconfiguring SRS modules and EPB's)

Adam - yeah no bother, want a go on the wife to? LoLz

Pics?? Fred only lends you a car ;)
When you gonna start building engines?