ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksports or GRAMS springs? or possibly

Clio 182
Afternoon

I have done some reading up here and facebook, and it seems Eibach Sportlines or Cooksports are the best lowering spring.

I am using the car as a track toy (not full on but a few through the year) and ill take it out the odd weekend on the road so not after a top spec set up just a decent set up for a day out.

I have seen KAM racing doing the GRAMS springs but I haven't read or seen many reviews? I see cooksports come recommended by a lot of people. I am going to renew the front and back shocks with springs to freshen it all up then I spotted the KTR coilovers which wouldn't work out much more? http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2853

What do you think is the best option? or anyone have reviews for the GRAMS over cooksports?

Cheers

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Im impressed with the Grams. I replaced all the suspension components so it feels better either way.

The Kam Racing deal with Shocks and Springs is very good value.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I also have the Grams and can echo what @Christopher. has said about them. They're very similar to Cooksports from what I can remember having had them on a previous 172. They're far superior to the Eibach Pro Lines I used to use as well. In truth there's not a lot in it between the two imo.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'm a h&r fan too. Run cooksports and eibach (sport and proline versions) and the h&r are by far my favourite.
Having said that not tried grams and heard good things from other about them

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I forget who by. But someone said they are very similar to cooksports. But then I’ve seen pics and not that convinced.

But yeah very happy with how mine is on H&r

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Are the h&r lower than cooksports mate?
Ime cooksports sat pretty much the same as the h&r but the h&r ride slightly better, less crashy. Plus yet to see a h&r rust and snap.
The eibach sportlines sit higher definately and tend to lead to front rake after time as they seem to settle more at the front with use

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Any pics of the h&r ones? I'm umming and arring about whether to replace my KW coilovers at the minute.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
CFCEA199-A384-45F2-84C7-199446EBEA9D.jpeg

Crap picture but gives you an idea

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
View attachment 1342425

Crap picture but gives you an idea

You're right, that is a crap picture ;) Nah, looks good.

@leeds2592 You'll miss the lows.

I'm just fed up constantly messing with the suspension. It looks spot on when it's parked up, wait until there's more than half a tank of fuel and me in it and it looks too low. My daily commute has also just got longer so would like a bit more comfort.

How much you want for them mate?

I'm only thinking about it at the moment mate, I'll probably change my mind another 100 times before I make a decision haha.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Another vote for the H&R , they make quality springs/spacers . I've supplied a few sets now for various cars, and started stocking them for the RS models :up:

Can also sort the OE dampers etc at same time if not already sorted @seaneylad

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Any pictures of 182 on Turinis/16" wheels with H&R springs? Seem to be very few and far between!

Clio 182
Aren't the grams springs more track focused? Thought I read that online, maybe even on Kam racing's website.

Was told the drop is a tad more than the sport lines and are a little stiffer. This is on the road but is going to used mainly on track so I will report back hown they are on the track.

My car is stripped with buckets and the ride isn't too bad atall was quite surprised, couldn't see a massive difference in comfort from the cup springs.

Good job i swapped them as found one of the fronts had snapped.