ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers for my 182

Clio 172 (CUP)
Don't think they offer caster mate no, but makes sense to get the BC topmounts with the coilovers as theyre only £60 extra...

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...ilovers-172-182-renaultsport-inc-172-cup.html
Yep, they looked like they do...

"...Like the AST suspension and KAM Racing adjustable top mounts, these Renault Clio solid top mounts have an offset pillow ball mount which can be rotated to adjust camber and caster angle..."

...though doubt it works with PMS front brace without some modification >>>

0c2ab119fecd2a6ca98c8751f8901519.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 (CUP)
Looks good, does a strut brace do much?

It's one of the common upgrades on the Clio, couldn't say what the difference is like on its own, but along with a suspension refresh, cooksport springs and fully polybushed (black series) car when I rebuilt it, it totally tightens up the front end.

Last edited:
  182 Turbo
BC Coilovers look great build quality, but really baffled by their standard spring rate choices though, 8kg rear and 4kg front is ridiculous, if anything you want a stronger spring rate front and a lesser spring rate rear for handling on clios and the 50% variance is not great, 4kg front is way too soft imo, 8kg front 6kg rear is where the sweet spot is imo, with it still being bareable for road driving.

BC Coilovers look great build quality, but really baffled by their standard spring rate choices though, 8kg rear and 4kg front is ridiculous, if anything you want a stronger spring rate front and a lesser spring rate rear for handling on clios and the 50% variance is not great, 4kg front is way too soft imo, 8kg front 6kg rear is where the sweet spot is imo, with it still being bareable for road driving.
That would be to soft at the rear for track, @Niall has just got a set with 8/8 and he says they're perfect for road and very good on track, i'll be going 10/8 for mine which is only used on road to bed in parts and drive to and from the track. Clio racers use harder springs on the rear something crazy like 12/14 if I remember correctly.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
That would be to soft at the rear for track, @Niall has just got a set with 8/8 and he says they're perfect for road and very good on track, i'll be going 10/8 for mine which is only used on road to bed in parts and drive to and from the track. Clio racers use harder springs on the rear something crazy like 12/14 if I remember correctly.
Yup! 8/8 is great, soft enough for road on soft, then hard is great on track. I'd say it's the sweet spot for a compromise between the two.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£1500 for a fixed rate damping coilover seems very steep to me. I know they'll be good but nearly double the price of BCs they've priced themselves out of the market IMO.
It's AST money. There is no comparison imo.

megane 265/clio 182
If did sell this what should I roughly be looking at price wise wondering if worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
£1500 for a fixed rate damping coilover seems very steep to me. I know they'll be good but nearly double the price of BCs they've priced themselves out of the market IMO.
I asked in the Pure thread, the rears are built for them by Bilstein, so will be quality items.
Re the fixed rate, I agree, but most of us won't be using a trackday as a testday anyway. (Fred (BTM) had some adjustable sets made up years ago....think they were 2500 or something)