ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover newbie need advice

e46 M3 + clio 172
I lowered my 172 on the eibach springs, liked the ride height but too soft/too much body roll round corners.
Changed to apex, happy with stiffness but too low and crashy

Figured its time to get coilovers - I want the ride height of the eibachs with the stiffness of the apex - can coilvers give me this? If so what do people recommend?

Looking to get mid range - dont want any cheap s**t but dont need to spend a fortune. Happy to get 2nd hand too, budget £3-500 be ok for this?

Thanks, Rob

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
You get what you pay for really with coilovers. If you can stretch to £575 GAZ are doing a sale on their full coilover kit ( not the version with rear spring platforms ) and they'll sort you out with a custom spring rate if you ask in advance of sale. After that BC's are well liked on here but I think they're closer to £800

e46 M3 + clio 172
Thanks for that, I'll check those out.
I've found some ST X for £580 new, seems pretty good considering they're made by KW