ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CNC thread

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
If you can understand it lol
66f036f989b1c31bc81bd184879566c9.jpg
3480591cf6126b42af450d162b386890.jpg

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Missing dimensions on that sketch by the look of it. No dimension of where the triangle is down the left side.

That and I take it the pitch between the holes is not important as they aren't referenced to each other.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
something i could really do with, mine starts to go off after 2 weeks and has completely gone by 4 weeks.

what coolant do you use?

We’ve always used this..

fa29d80ae38b57beb466de293d24c0e4.jpg

I’m the main machinist always struggle to keep the coolant clean always going off so hopefully this skimmer may help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Do you have a filter on the coolant return? Bits of swarf in the coolant rusting doesn't help.
I do yes, all be it not the best.

But I only machine ally, so not rust there. The coolant compartment on my machine being 25 years old is showing signs of rust. I did paint with hammerite but that didn't last long before coming off

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Mines lovely and blue now after cleaning the machine down today!

ab20dba20389d580db86cb2083f6315c.jpg

Just wish we had some interesting jobs in

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I wish we had some different jobs in. I'm sick of these bloody castings now.
We've no filter paper in the coolant tank and everything is covered in a layer of iron paste that's rusting. The coolant return channel was clogged with it yesterday, I had to chisel it out!
9fd246c4e86f6d6840135c4cb94ff3bd.jpg

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Could you do any engraving for me on the side?

I’d love to! but we’ve never done any engraving unfortunately so I doubt there’s any tools knocking around to even attempt it

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I wish we had some different jobs in. I'm sick of these bloody castings now.
We've no filter paper in the coolant tank and everything is covered in a layer of iron paste that's rusting. The coolant return channel was clogged with it yesterday, I had to chisel it out!
9fd246c4e86f6d6840135c4cb94ff3bd.jpg

I’ll sub you my s**t out ha! Just counterboring blind holes atm! Finally figured out how to program with i and j’s [emoji4]

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll sub you my s**t out ha! Just counterboring blind holes atm! Finally figured out how to program with i and j’s [emoji4]

I's n j's, kin el I've not done that for a long time. Heidenhain lingo is so much easier to program I'd be fucked playing in ISO again [emoji16]

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I learnt fanuc at college and that’s gone out the window! Never used it at work

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I’d love to! but we’ve never done any engraving unfortunately so I doubt there’s any tools knocking around to even attempt it

ill send some engraving bits as well ;)

ive moved house and don't have a workshop. currently my machines are in storage, the workshop build starts in march.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
do you guys not just use a cam program for coding mainly?
No mate, 2 bit half arsed operation here. I get a drawing and usually a s**t fabrication and I'm left to it. The older machines are worse because they don't hold as many programs in memory so they get deleted. I've told them to get a shitty laptop to use for backing up the programs but we're still programming jobs we've programmed good knows how many times before.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
No mate, 2 bit half arsed operation here. I get a drawing and usually a s**t fabrication and I'm left to it. The older machines are worse because they don't hold as many programs in memory so they get deleted. I've told them to get a shitty laptop to use for backing up the programs but we're still programming jobs we've programmed good knows how many times before.
wow so ive got a more advanced setup in my garage than you have there ;)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Lol maybe. Been doing it a while now so I'm pretty good at making it so what I want. Shame I can't say the same about the day shift, I usually change what he's programmed [emoji23]
Do you fancy doing some engraving for me?
I've got cad drawing, cam file and gcode.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That's cool. If if had to sit at a desk doing cad stuff I'd want to be programming for a machine like that.
We stick to simple stuff:

Attachments

• 20180515_013252.jpg
    20180515_013252.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20180515_013329.jpg
    20180515_013329.jpg
    896.2 KB · Views: 98

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So does anyone in here have the ability to play with a machine for some beer tokens for a fellow CS member?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve done some part creation on Autodesk inventor that I need for the V8, I’m not in any particular rush and I have the material required....?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What size component are we looking at? Can you make a 2d drawing from your model?

It’s about 120x110x40mm (2 of) and I could probably get 2d sketches from the part I created yes, just need to brush up on my skills