ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CNC thread

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I've been studying at Huddersfield college for 2 years learning the programming side of milling and turning and also 3D programming with edge cam and visi, I made these 2 for my assignments... nothing to exciting

3f3ab31a9d578cddcf32c2b1ad50842c.jpg
9bf7937f7bdd1c16c6bd7a074bd13199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Look ace.

3d milling is not something I've really got into or tried, most of the stuff I do is just standard milling.

My cam program is only really designed for 2d stuff

I'm currently going through CNC training and getting to grips with at work, been on a course with TEBIS and maybe heading out to Germany for a week for a little more training. Once i'm out of my apprenticeship in 6 months time they'll probably be looking at making me a full time programmer.

I knocked this up this week since we always have tours for kids, we can just vac form them and let them take home souvenirs
17160580_10154482500218233_71735788_n.jpg

upload_2017-3-16_9-58-0.png

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
guys....the stuff you're doing is awesome!
I have a sherline lathe and mill (manual).....but only use it for simple stuff (scalemodelling)

who do I have to pay to design a gearstick insert for a Ph2 ?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I'm currently going through CNC training and getting to grips with at work, been on a course with TEBIS and maybe heading out to Germany for a week for a little more training. Once i'm out of my apprenticeship in 6 months time they'll probably be looking at making me a full time programmer.

I knocked this up this week since we always have tours for kids, we can just vac form them and let them take home souvenirs
17160580_10154482500218233_71735788_n.jpg

View attachment 180952
any code going free? ;)

I'm guessing theres no decent free software going on the web is there?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I have a sherline lathe and mill (manual).....but only use it for simple stuff (scalemodelling)

post of photos of you machines.

this is my machine, I don't have any video of my denford cnc router.

Reactions: Gus

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Not a pic of the whole machine but here's what I'm on today. A dahlih somethingorother

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

If I had access to software at home I'd have a go for you.

I need to get my laptop fixed so I can do stuff like this at home :(

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
This is the 3 axis we use at work nothing special she's pretty old!
e4fe307d11f978699a2ca1934870d739.jpg

And we've just had this installed this week, new trumpf fibre laser, cost the owner a few quid
e90cab9fc93a9aab022ecd2944b7a429.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Here's a full pic of what I've been lumbered with in work.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Contouring the back face before putting in the vectored holes.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You can just see in the last pic where the ball nose touched the fixed jaw... Whoops.

I had to make soft jaws for the front of the vice which sit lower than the hard jaws on the back. The cutter isn't too fucked thankfully.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
This is the 3 axis we use at work nothing special she's pretty old!
e4fe307d11f978699a2ca1934870d739.jpg

And we've just had this installed this week, new trumpf fibre laser, cost the owner a few quid
e90cab9fc93a9aab022ecd2944b7a429.jpg

f**k me!!! ace....

as we say in Essex wel gel

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Here's a full pic of what I've been lumbered with in work.

View attachment 181066 View attachment 181067

Contouring the back face before putting in the vectored holes.

View attachment 181068 View attachment 181069

You can just see in the last pic where the ball nose touched the fixed jaw... Whoops.

I had to make soft jaws for the front of the vice which sit lower than the hard jaws on the back. The cutter isn't too fucked thankfully.
your all gay!!!

proper wanting a bigger machine after seeing all these. ill post what I did on my router earlier

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Look at all the cute little machines! I prefer the big stuff myself. Here's my current machine
IMG_UNION_TC_2.jpg

Well that's not my one, but if mine was clean and in a bright factory and in one piece, that's what it would look like. This is what mine looks like this week
tmpPhoto.jpg
Motor and gearbox missing, suspected seized:cry:. Bit pissed off as I reported it was noisey a couple of months ago.
Anyway, my previous charge at Cameron:
DSC00029.jpg

That one was brand spanking new when I got on it.:smile:
And without the box it looks like:
1608011_c3a16f91a8f0e641b4242f96eaf8acaa.jpg

But may fave was a Skoda at Forge Masters. Similar to this one but it had a massive rotary table at one end. The specs from Forge Masters Web site are:
Skoda W225 CNC Floor Type Milling and Boring Machine - Siemens 840D control, Spindle size = 225mm, Column travel (X) = 17000mm, Headstock travel (Y) = 6000mm, Spindle travel (Z) = 1600mm, Ram travel (W) = 1250mm, Spindle speed = 1.6 – 980 r/min
hcw-2-200-tdv-5-russia.jpg

That was a good machine, shame the pay was s**t.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
had an amazing day today at southern manufacturing and electronics, so so many stands and things to look at. far bigger and busier than I expected.

the best stand was the has cnc one, there was just something about their machines that seem a touch better than the others there. a little bit more polished.
but all the machines were amazing

I would highly recommend the northern one

http://10times.com/northern-manufacturing-electronics

what I liked about today was, when people asked what company I was from and I said I wasn't I just made stuff in my workshop they were still more than happy to just talk to me and explain what they did. really friendly but the odd pushy sales man

DSC_7193_zpsouertiwf.jpg

DSC_7194_zpsux0xczhy.jpg

DSC_7195_zpsvueok1hu.jpg

DSC_7196_zps5cdmid2k.jpg

DSC_7197_zpszz52xn4v.jpg

DSC_7199_zpstzvdrrdv.jpg

DSC_7200_zps14yptdqb.jpg

DSC_7201_zpso8ybmr9f.jpg

DSC_7202_zpsqa3gxlpu.jpg

DSC_7203_zpsmpob02mh.jpg

Renault Clio RS Cup
What are you doing to the wheel?

Honestly officer, it's not as painful as it looks!

The wheel was a M5/M6 BMW wheels, with a diamond cut face, deep centres, require a dry run to check if a tool adjust is required.

This is the finished wheel!

e627f282b729fa0a0858f9b474b87435.jpg

DMLS - Direct Metal LASER Sintering
Basically fill a bed with powdered steel/steel alloy/alu/bronze/Ti and fire a potent laser at it (Nd:YAG I believe) to melt the top surface, re-cover with powder, next layer etc etc.